Author Topic: Removable Adhesive Paper  (Read 4024 times)

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
Re: Removable Adhesive Paper
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 10:30:50 pm »

Hey Gabby,
I bought my paper at Sloans, and for 25 sheets it cost me .38 cents each.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 12:41:01 am »
The paper I get from Sloans seems to come off even easier than the sheets of full size self adhesive from the office supply stores.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 01:41:15 am »
Gene that sounds a bit pricey to me. nearly 10 bucks and I presume shipping is additional?
Still no mention of sheet sizes.
You guys are making a trip to the dentist sound easy!
I think i'll stick to the tried and true, blue tape and spray glue, works for me and I can buy it at my local hardware. Supporting my community businesses at the same time.
Thanks for all the information.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 10:16:38 am »
Gabby, the size is the normal 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet.  Yes, it is much more expensive per application than normal paper, but removal is so effortless, and I am so computer dependent for printing out my patterns that it is worth the extra to me.  I don't use it for everything, but it's a good resource.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

tux_linux

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 01:29:46 pm »
Mine is from Herma (German Brand) costs 0,30 Euro per sheet.

The one from Sloans is 0,30 $(!) per sheet - if the big pack is bought it comes at 0,26$.

This price has to be compared to paper + spray adhesive.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 12:12:40 am »
I wish I could run my wood through the printer, and not have to mess with all this!
LMBO
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

tux_linux

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 05:38:21 am »
You actually can run the wood through some printers. I know some Epson and HP printers are able to take thick material and print on them - thick means around 1/32" in this context.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 10:23:00 pm »
That sounds like heavy card stock or craft paper maybe. I can't imagine cutting 1/32" material on the saw, don't even know or care where I could find any that thin.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 11:19:33 pm »
So far I wish I had never ever brought the subject up about the removable adhesive paper.  I did not think it would start an argument over it.  So how about we just forget I even mentioned it.  I did not mean to upset anyone.  I think maybe I will not post anything again if it is going to end up like this.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 11:41:31 pm »
i dont think it is an argument. it sounds like a friendly discussion to me. how are you going to find out all  the different ways to do things if you dont talk about it. i use adhesive paper on portraits &
delicate stuff,everything else i use blue tape. thats my way & until i hear of something i think is better  i will stick with it.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 12:25:50 am »
No fight here just discussion. Yep that's how we learn.  ;D
We're all entitled to our opinions, and if we don't want to hear them we just go to another thread.
So keep em coming Gene!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

tux_linux

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 03:07:43 am »
Gene, I always hope to hear different opinions! It's always good to hear others people's thoughts about how things can be improved. No one knows it all (except me ;D ).

And this is no argument at all - not even a discussion. Just a bunch of people exchanging their experience & thoughts.

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 07:43:30 pm »
heres some pricing info for you. I bought a xeron machine from Michaels about 6 yrs. ago for about 100.00 and the adhesive paper is about 40.00 for a 40 foot roll. It was a big investment at the start but now not so bad. I buy something small from Michaels and on the receipt is a 40 percent off coupon so I take that back and get a roll of paper and another 40 percent off coupon. Around Christmas time the coupons go to 50 percent off so I get all of my neighbors papers and stock up. I have had very good luck with this paper. They have repositionable and permanent paper. I use the repositionable. It is very easy to remove when done. I tried the spray glue method when I first started and I had a hard time getting the pattern to stick and when it did I had to use a heat gun and mineral spirits to removed it. I'm not saying the glue method is bad, it's just doesn't work for me. I can print my patterns on regular paper and run it thru the machine and it becomes adhesive paper.

SMF

Teknoromi