Author Topic: Bloody wood  (Read 3935 times)

LHayes

Re: Bloody wood
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 10:00:56 pm »
As I read this post I started laughing (not at you Bob).  I could see you running around trying to find something to remove the blood from the wood and then you ran into the house and back and finally got the wood cleaned up   AND then and only then you worried about your finger.....we woodworkers are a funny bunch aren't we.   :D  Wood first, finger second.  I think that is why I keep a big box of bandaids in my shop....  ;D

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 10:11:14 pm »
Bandaids and 91% Isopropyl aclcohol are close by in my shop at all times...

And that is absolutely correct...Protect the project at all costs!!!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 09:56:07 am »
I am reminded.
Several years ago,I worked in a sheet metal shop. As I would indoctrinate a "Newbie" into our shop, I would always tell them, "Now when you cut yourself, NOT IF but WHEN, always bleed on the steel not on the floor. We will ship the steel out and all will be well, but if you bleed on the floor, we will have to look at it FOREVER!"  ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 03:33:37 pm »
I actually have a project with a blood stain on it.
When I was in college I took a design class where the class designed a project and then manufactured and sold it. During the manufacturing process I managed to cut my finger while using the table saw and bled on a couple of pieces. While I was at the doctor getting fixed up the guys in class figured it would be funny to finish the box with the stained pieces and gave it to me at the end of class.
as a side note, my parents responses to my injury have become priceless lines in my family.
I called up my dad and said "hey dad, I cut my finger in the shop". dad says "as bad as grandpa" I said "nope". dad says "How could you be so stupid."
I called up my mom and said "hey mom, I cut my finger in the shop". Mom says "I bet you wish you had that math minor now".

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:45 pm »
Ewwwwww, can we change the subject. Getting a little nauseas here.   ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Bill P

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:13 pm »
Last summer my granddaughter surprised me while I was working with the disc sander. I jammed my finger into the disc, tearing my fingernail off.  I removed the disc and put it on the shop wall.  Now I can point at the dark circle on the disk and tell the kids, "That's my blood,"  just to freak them out.

I love being a grandfather!

Bill P

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 03:10:11 am »
Ewwwwww, can we change the subject. Getting a little nauseas here.   ::)

Never got nauseous Russ but would pass out cold after watching first aid, or accident investigation films. Lucky for me the real thing didn't bother me, being a cop. Won't go into detail! i'll pass out! LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 07:27:34 am »
I was trying to be a little sarcastic Gabby. I am a retired firefighter/paramedic after thirty years of service.  ;)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 03:03:56 am »
Well I had a cool story for you and all of a sudden my browser jumped to another page and I lost all of it. Still have that problem, and no I didn't accidentally hit another key, just the regular letters like now. Ticks me off when that happens.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Vince

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 08:57:26 am »
     I've used booze for blood situations before, but I found you have to drink a lot of it. LOL

Vince

SMF

Teknoromi