Author Topic: Drilling Holes  (Read 7551 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: Drilling Holes
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »
I can trust my wife with her sewing machine, and in the kitchen, but put a screwdriver or a drill in her hand, look out! You gals are the exception to the rule. Check out the percentage of females in this forum.
All us guys really appreciate the feminine touch you add!!
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:56 pm »
Not to mention you ladies also look a lot better than most of us guys! You got the respect from us and you got talent too.
I am like the rest of you, drill the holes then cut. I have missed very few so far.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 01:08:52 am »
Not to mention you ladies also look a lot better than most of us guys! You got the respect from us and you got talent too.
I am like the rest of you, drill the holes then cut. I have missed very few so far.

You silver tongued devil.
Look out ladies.  ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 09:08:11 pm »
No worries there Gabby!  :o I admit females are the finer sex but I can only afford the one I grabbed twenty...uhm...twenty... oh yeah, twenty-six years ago this July. But if others don't mind my sweet talk, I mean it, but I'm harmless. Well... most of the time! ;D

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 09:55:26 pm »
No worries there Gabby!  :o I admit females are the finer sex but I can only afford the one I grabbed twenty...uhm...twenty... oh yeah, twenty-six years ago this July. But if others don't mind my sweet talk, I mean it, but I'm harmless. Well... most of the time! ;D
Yeah Harold, Your just a big ole teddy bear! ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:59:59 pm by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 09:59:14 pm »
I can trust my wife with her sewing machine, and in the kitchen, but put a screwdriver or a drill in her hand, look out! You gals are the exception to the rule. Check out the percentage of females in this forum.
All us guys really appreciate the feminine touch you add!!
My wife has her own tool box, and her own power drill, and knows how to use them!

marmoh

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 10:31:53 pm »
Excuse me for butting in BUT ... it makes me feel wonderful when my hubby has to ask me for one of my tools.  Of course I would never rub it in like ask ... my drill is right here, do you want to borrow it ...hand it here I'll just cut it on the band saw ... did you try it on the drill press ... I could probably get that with the scroll saw ... why not just throw it on the miter saw ..... wait let me grab my hammer .... will one of these bits work ............. you get the picture ???   ;D ;D ;D

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 11:42:50 pm »
Watch out Marion, your getting me hot!! ::) :o

marmoh

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 11:55:59 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D  with all my tools and my new hairdo I can see how that could happen  :o :o

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 02:11:42 am »
;D ;D ;D ;D  with all my tools and my new hairdo I can see how that could happen  :o :o

I'm laughing my A off. Too much Marion too much. LMAO still.

One thing my wife is good at that most gals don't even try to do. I said MOST.
She can shoot your eye out with a hand gun! She had never handled one until we got married, and I'm proud to say I taught her how. Now a long gun is a different matter, she's right handed and left eye dominant.  :(
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 07:55:12 am »
I'm with you, Marion.   My husband is pretty much clueless on tools or how to use most of them.  I sold snap-on tools for 12 years and was the hardware expert at a home depot for 5 years and you could see the shock on many guys faces when the male associates had to ask me questions.

marmoh

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 09:46:10 am »
Way to go julie ... you make us women proud  ;D
The biggest fights in my house is when we are going to build something.  I have my ideas and he has his .... usually have to keep going until he thinks my idea is his !!!!!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 10:10:35 am »
If I need help, my husband asks why can't we do it this way or that.  Usually it is the half-a$$ed way of doing it.  I don't even let him sand bacause it is either left rough or he muscles it to where it is uneven or wavy.  Our biggest fights over tools is when I go to get one and he has misplaced it or left it where he used it last.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:50 am »
Julie. that is why my wife has her own tools and hand drill. She has no reason to borrow mine!

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 10:29:25 am »
my husband and I compliment each other really well. My strengths are this he doesn't know as well and his sthengths are thins I don't know as well. We actually work very well together.
on the other hand I have a few students who have a hard time taking woodworking advise from a woman (it might be taking advise in general, they are 18 year olds and always right)

SMF

Teknoromi