Author Topic: This is selling!  (Read 927 times)

Bill P

This is selling!
« on: December 24, 2010, 07:43:09 pm »
Help yourself to this idea.  The first picture on http://www.8by10woodworking.com/Shelves.html is a little shelf for a cubicle.  I gave one to a friend for a Christmas present and I've received 7 orders from his co-workers in the last 2 days.

The shelf I make is 5 1/2 by 16 inches, but you can do whatever you'd like (of course).  You'll need to measure the width of the cubicle wall, but most of them are about 3" thick.  This one hangs down 8 1/2" from the top of the cubicle wall.

Keep sawing!

Bill

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: This is selling!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 06:56:02 am »
Excellent idea, Bill!!  Thanks for sharing.

Bill P

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 09:37:24 am »
Thanks, Julie.

I know it seems like a silly idea, and the picture doesn't really do it justice, but people seem to really like it.  Before this group of orders, I had already sold 5, so we're sitting at an even dozen.

Bill

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 05:04:58 pm »
Great idea Bill! good to find a niche.
My brother does office installations maybe I can get some connections from him.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 07:31:33 am »
Bill, I don't see anything silly about it.  We spend more time at work than we do with our families.  I am a big fan of decorating my workspace with things that make me smile.  I sell a line of "desk do-dads".  That's how I market them.  I have everything from word art to whatever holiday trinket I can think of cutting and they sell very well.  When I get back home, I will  post a picture of some of it.

SMF

Teknoromi