Author Topic: saw speed  (Read 6542 times)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: saw speed
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 08:15:01 am »
Checked the specs on my EX21 - it maxes out at 1550.  I do use high speed when cutting something out of 2X stock without a lot of detail.

Rightarm

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 12:56:18 pm »
    Jimbo. Slow for me. I guess I'm use to cutting on slow. And I'm not in any hurry anyway. Dave

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 03:28:33 am »
Hey Julie I find with my 21 EX I get a bit of rumbling at high speed how is yours? [not that I would use it at that speed now] also Blakie contacted me and said his mate had an electrical prob, with his and it turns out they have a fuse and not a cut out switch
Jimbo

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 07:22:03 am »
The only time mine gets to "rumbling" is when I'm pushing a 2 X 12 through it.  It still has less vibration than any other machine in its class.  I do so much with thick lumber - it is a little odd for me to do tiny projects.  I am working on a lot smaller stuff right now - ornaments, jewelry boxes and the like - I have a display going into a salon for consignment.  Thin wood feels a little weird to me.  It is a lot easier.
There is a circuit board in the back under the black strip that runs down the center of the back of the saw.  It has a lifetime warranty, so they should send him whatever he needs.  I had a problem with my speed control a while back and after trouble shooting it over the phone - they sent me everything it might be - speed control, circuit board and even a new motor.  (at that point I was cutting everything at full speed because it wouldn't go any slower).  They are a great company to do business with.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 08:21:35 pm »
Thanks for the info Julie
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi