Author Topic: Copywrites and permissions  (Read 288 times)

Offline Wichita Blundell

• View Profile
Copywrites and permissions
« on: August 16, 2022, 09:37:12 pm »
This question should be in no way viewed as a negative. Steve is a treasure to the scroll sawing community.

Today (8-16-22 ) Steve made some points about Etsy, salient points. Yesterday ( I believe ) he talked about fonts and where to find them ( DaFont ). On the DaFont website most of the fonts state "free for personal use" if you use these fonts for any commercial purpose they want you to buy a commercial license. When I tried to find out how to get a commercial license, and how much it would cost, I could not find any info or working links.

So, the questions are: Steve, have you acquired a commercial license for the fonts that you use, or are you only using the 100% free fonts?  How does this compare to sellers on Etsy selling your patterns without your consent?

Thanks in Advance
Wichita Blundell

Offline rlkeeney1951

• View Profile
Re: Copywrites and permissions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 06:51:18 am »
You should probably email Steve directly with this question.

I use photos for backgrounds in some of my listings. I will not use them unless they are public domain or the license clearly states that they are free for any use with attribution not required. Usually, this is a creative commons license. When you sell online you need to be careful about this sort of thing.
#odinstoyfactory

SMF

Teknoromi