Author Topic: New member  (Read 480 times)

Offline garryatpa

• View Profile
« on: April 25, 2022, 04:36:39 pm »
Hi everyone.  I am new to the world of forums but here goes.    My name is Garry from Saskatchewan Canada.  I have browsed the scroll saw forum for a while now and finally decided to sign up.  I got into scroll sawing back in the early 1980’s and with the help of books by such people as Patrick Speilman  and then through scroll saw magazines and hands-on trial and error learned how to scroll saw.  I started out with a Sears Moto Saw made by Dremel with a 3 inch pin blade, then went on to a 15 inch Delta single speed and in the early 90’s made the plunge and got  a Hegner 22 inch VS. I now have 2 Hegner 22 inch saws and a Dewalt 788.  My main saw is the Hegner.  I have sawn various solid woods of different thicknesses, plywoods, OSB, acrylic, paper, cloth, antler, alabaster, thin metals, etc.  I saw mostly fretwork but have made stacked ring solid bowls, 3D ornaments and other items, signs, cards, music and jewelry boxes to name a few.  The one thing about scroll saws is that they can be used to saw just about anything.  New patterns and ways of using the saw are coming out all the time - they are so very versatile.   I hope to continue learning more about using the scroll saw and hopefully I can pass on some of the things I have learned over the years and help someone where I am able.   

Let the sawdust keep flying
Garry

Note: I tried to add another topic under brag forum on my latest project but ran into problems with uploading pictures.  I am not computer savvy so need to find some help doing that .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 05:34:40 pm by garryatpa »

Offline Rodney

• View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 04:46:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Garry. Sounds like you'll be able to assist with a lot of the questions that arise here. Only been scrolling a little over a year but found it's something I really enjoy.

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 08:12:52 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Garry and thank you for such a good introduction.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
The problem with the up-load is probably a simple matter of a file that is too large.

This is what I found thus far about up-loading images here.

There are two different ways to post a picture. You can use the insert image tag or upload the picture as an attachment.
The insert image tag has no size restrictions but the image must be hosted on your domain of a photo sharing site.
The attachment has a file size limit of 128K and will be hosted on my server.
God Bless! Spirithorse
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 08:18:41 pm by spirithorse »

SMF

Teknoromi