Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2022, 12:36:53 pm »
Wow, small world! 😊
Nicole

Offline Pach1962

• Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2022, 01:29:10 pm »
Hi Nicole, definitely a small world lol, how's the scroll work going, any new projects, mines on hold after I cut the infinite love heart for my wife's birthday tomorrow, I'll post a picture after she's opened it.

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 12:57:38 am »
Hi Paul, I am bumbling along with great enjoyment, if not a lot of skill; as of yet! Made a couple projects for Valentine's Day, and learned that I really enjoy making boxes. I think that I will actually try watching how other people design and build them; as my first attempt was quite...unique. 😉 I'm sure that your wife will love her present. Definitely post pics please!
Nicole

Offline Pach1962

• Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2022, 06:16:18 am »
Hello Nicole glad your getting along well, boxes sounds great, do you use a bandsaw as well, I have a small band saw that's been really helpful, my wife Lindsey loved the heart, we've been together 36 years..

Offline Pach1962

• Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 06:27:25 am »
Photo of heart attached, I painted inside with my wife's favourite colour.

Offline smyrna5

• What's another word for Thesaurus?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 10:01:27 am »
Nice work. The paint is a nice touch.

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 01:05:30 pm »
Very nice work! I bet that your wife was thrilled to receive it. 🙂 I have been thinking about purchasing a small bandsaw as they do appear to make many things a lot easier to complete! But I am still trying to ascertain which specific bandsaw would fit my price range as well as for what I would like to do with it. Anyone have suggestions for which model to purchase in the range of $350 that would be able to resaw boards down to workable depths and still have the boards come out fairly straight-edged? I was looking at the mid-range priced WEN bandsaw, but I don't think that Amazon or eBay will give me accurate information regarding quality or perks to any specific model beyond telling me it is the greatest machine for whatever use I might have for it, lol. 😉🤦‍♀️
Nicole

Offline smyrna5

• What's another word for Thesaurus?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2022, 01:59:46 pm »
Nicole -I love my bandsaw. Since I am semi-retired, I have more time than money. That led me to pick up an old Craftsman 12" bandsaw whose previous owner had passed away. It was in great shape for $60. Its the perfect complement to the scroll saw. It won't resew more than about 4"-6", but that is enough for what I do. You might keep your eye out for a good used bandsaw on FB Marketplace or CL if you are handy. A 14" is better, but they usually cost more and are a bit harder to find. I have a big tablesaw, but it scares me when it starts up. The bandsaw is a much more civilized machine.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 05:00:32 pm by smyrna5 »

Offline Pach1962

• Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2022, 06:42:33 am »
Thank you guys, pleased to say my wife loved the heart yesterday, 🙂🙂, I do have a bandsaw, it's a Ferm 2 wheel, 12 inch throat, I bought it 2nd hand for £25 probably about $45, two years ago, all it needed was a new guide back bearing which was a few £ and the pins adjusting, the wheels had new bands already, it's been invaluable, I use it most days more than other saw, I recently bought a smaller bench table saw too which is good for bigger boards, if I was you Nicole I'd just spend what your budget allows. Would be very useful with cutting boards for box's too. I also cut circle blanks on bandsaw, takes only a minute or so for each after setting jig up.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 06:44:49 am by Pach1962 »

SMF

Teknoromi