Author Topic: Cost saving tip when replacing DW788 bearing sleeves  (Read 626 times)

Offline Raffy

• View Profile
Cost saving tip when replacing DW788 bearing sleeves
« on: September 21, 2021, 03:23:32 pm »
If you own Dewalt DW788 scrollsaw, sooner or later you will need to replace a number of bearing sleeves. I am referring to short, long, and drive link bearing sleeves. I find them expensive when ordering from online stores, not to mention the shipping costs to Manila.

Bearing sleeves help your scrollsaw to run smoother and quieter. It can also help to reduce a lot of knocking effects and vibrations on your scrollsaw.

Short and Long bearing sleeves measure 6mm outside diameter, 4mm inside diameter.
Drive link bearing sleeves measure 8mm outside diameter, 4mm inside diameter.

With these specifications, I bought stainless capillary tubes measuring 250mm long for both sleeves. I have them cut at a machine shop to exact length of the sleeves, bringing the original sleeves as samples to follow. Ensure that the cuts will be clean cuts, no metal burrs, fine cuts with little bevel on edges.

With these, I was able to produce a lot of ready to use sleeves, ready to replace any worn out sleeves whenever my DW788s call me to do so. Cheers from Manila!

—-oops—-
Please apply good quality grease (eg Valvoline synthetic high temp grease or equivalent) when re-inserting new sleeves.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:42:13 pm by Raffy »

SMF

Teknoromi