Author Topic: Oldie but Newbie  (Read 705 times)

Offline Roy Warren

• Roy Warren
    • View Profile
Oldie but Newbie
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:09:44 pm »
First time on forum.  Thanks for letting me join.
Oldie: 84 years old.  Been woodworking for over 65 years.  Been scroll sawing for over 30 years.
Have made 100s of scroll saw projects and enjoyed every one of them.  Great hobby that will last a lifetime.  I'm proof of that.  :)

Taught scrollsaw classes at Woodcraft for about five years.  Won first place in the state senior games in 2005 for my Lord's Prayer.
Mostly like fretwork, but enjoy pictures too.  Not to much on intarsia. Also enjoy carpentry and building things, but slowing down on that with my age.

Hope I can add something to this forum to help others out.  Especially you younger scrollers.  I fear this hobby is losing out to the video games.

Thanks again for letting me join this forum.

Roy

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Oldie but Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 06:40:59 pm »
Welcome Roy Warren, at 84 you are an old guy compared to a young fella like me, who will be 79 in December. I live in nipawin. saskatchewan, a smaller community bordering the Northern saskatchwan Forest. How about you where do you live?

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 08:54:19 pm »
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice introduction, Roy,
I hope to see some of your projects after you settle in and browse the site.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 11:01:19 am »
Thanks Roy for making me feel a little bit like a kid again at 76.  I have to use an electric scooter to get around but the mind is still pretty sharp - just don't send me to fetch 3 things!  I agree that it appears we are losing many of the upcoming generation to their electronic toys.  We need to create opportunities to expose these youngsters to our crafts.  Regards > GLC in Cypress,
Texas.

SMF

Teknoromi