Author Topic: Been out of the loop but coming back  (Read 2126 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Been out of the loop but coming back
« on: December 25, 2019, 09:17:25 pm »
I have been away from saw for a long time well few about 4 years. After getting into a depressive state and on top of it losing my house, I had no place to do anything so it all went to storage. I am now getting I guess to say back in a place to be able to do some scroll work. I am having though to regather supplies. I still do have some FD blades I had stocked up but I want to order but I don't remember when I ordered last how I ordered them or how many I got at a time, or the cost. From what I can figure say they are 3.00 bucks a dozen If I buy 6 dz that would be 18 bucks right? And that would be 72 blades and a gross would 144? Its been so long I don't remember how any of that works anymore.

I want to get some new blades and look into getting some spirals as well, I got hooked on those and want to use them more. But want to know if my figureing is right before pulling the plug.

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
Re: Been out of the loop but coming back
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 11:00:36 am »
Mikes Workshop for FD blades or Bear woods supply

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 11:29:43 am »
I have mikes workshop saved, but I need to know if my figures for blades is right, if I get 6 dozen at 3.00 a dozen that would 18 bucks total. I do think thats 72 blades, and 12 dozen is 144 blades which would be a gross I think.

Offline TomsFretzwork

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 04:42:12 pm »
A gross is 144 blades.  6 Doz is 72 blades. Don't forget shipping and tax.
Selecting blade type and size.  You would need to know the thickness of, material & detail of pattern you plan to cut.  Compound cut? Probably 1"3/8 to 1"1/2.  Practice on pine, it's inexpensive and plentiful if you have 2X4 scraps.
I prefer Flying Dutchman also.
Take a look at Steve's compound cutting jig, it's save my fingers.

Offline Berta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 06:32:21 am »
Tom is exactly correct

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 10:04:29 pm »
Ok so I have it figured it right, its been a long time like about 4 years since I had to order blades. I am just glad to get back at the saw making stuff again, only thing that seems to keep me relaxed.

Offline Berta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 06:51:13 am »
Get to it! Fun times await!

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 08:51:41 pm »
Get to it! Fun times await!

Oh believe me I know fun times await, I did alot of sawing back in the days when I first started, its mostly a hobby just to have something to do, most times I just give my stuff away to family or friends, if I can make a buck or two that sweetens the deal. I like doing this fo rme its relaxing, I have been fighting depression for a long time, around 15 years and doing this calms me down and almost puts me into a zen state of mind, I can sit for hours not get bored or get tired of it. Just turn on some music and cut away and let all my troubles and fears float away in sawdust.

Offline Berta

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 12:25:00 pm »
It is a great anti-depressant.

SMF

Teknoromi