Author Topic: restoring tension to a Delta, 16 inch 2 speed (model 40-560?)  (Read 822 times)

Offline always learning

• View Profile
restoring tension to a Delta, 16 inch 2 speed (model 40-560?)
« on: December 09, 2019, 01:09:47 pm »
  I have recently lost tension and can't restore it.  This is an older scroll saw.  There is a tension release lever that when positioned forward loosens tension; when positioned back towards the saw tightens tension.  (Recently, this has become somewhat reversed -- forward seems to minimally tighten.   There is a knob that increases or decreases tension.  I have tried to twist the knob clockwise (tightening, right) but the lever doesn't really respond.  Do you have any suggestion or help?  Please and thank you.  This is my first post, so if my question is more appropriate somewhere else, please direct me there.  Thank you.

Offline rmeir

• View Profile
Re: restoring tension to a Delta, 16 inch 2 speed (model 40-560?)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 03:28:31 pm »
i have had a 40-560 my whole life and never experienced the problem you describe there is a bolt on the top arm that i replaced years ago that adjusts tension and you might have to go to the hardware store and find a similar bolt to retention the arm, i had to stop using mine because of the wiring went bad but i still have the saw. I think that bolt is the problem you are experiencing but of course cant say for sure unless i see it

SMF

Teknoromi