Author Topic: RBI Hawk 226VS ?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline rb51

• View Profile
RBI Hawk 226VS ?
« on: December 21, 2017, 01:32:52 pm »
I purchased a RBI Hawk 226VS that had been used very little.  I noticed the blade moves front to back about a 1/8 of an inch.  Is this normal?  Side to side is a perfect lineup.  I have contacted the manufacturer repeatedly, but, they were unable to offer any help.  Anyone know how to resolve this blade issue?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Greg

Offline rjweb66

• View Profile
Re: RBI Hawk 226VS ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 02:24:01 pm »
I am surprised that they weren’t able to solve your problem, they were suppose to have top notch support, RJ

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 03:14:40 pm »
This is the site for the owners manuals for the RBI Hawk 226VS: http://www.hawkwoodworkingtools.com/WebsitePages/Scroll-Saw-Manuals.html. You will see that there are a number of variations on the 226VS. You will need your serial number from the saw to narrow it down to the correct manual.

I am not sure about the front to back movement, but it may be a function of the saw. I know some saws have a setting to make them more aggressive, not sure about the 226VS models, my Hawk  G4 has such an adjustment. You may also want to read the information in that manual, which is the manual listed in the top left hand corner of the above web site.

I hope this helps, someone else may have better information regarding the 226 series.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 06:38:38 pm »
My 226 has 2 positions for the bottom blade holder don't know if yours does but you might look at thst

SMF

Teknoromi