Author Topic: Looking for Project Ideas  (Read 1064 times)

Offline kenreich

• View Profile
Looking for Project Ideas
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:50:31 am »
While camping in CO I came upon a spruce tree that had broken off and left a large splinter of trunk sticking up in the air.  It looked very interesting and made me think it could be the source for some kind of project.  So I cut it off and brought it home.  The section is 36" tall, the main section is 24" tall by 10 inches wide and about 2 1/2" to 3" thick.

My question is:  if you had this chunk of spruce, what would you do with it??  I'm rolling some things around in my head, but I know there are some "outside the box" creative thinkers here that have some great ideas.  So let me know what you think.

Ken

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Looking for Project Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:05:35 am »
That is a very interesting piece of tree you have there.  It kinda looks like the very tip of a very tall mountain.  Wonder if you designed a properly sized set of climbers how it would go if you put them on the edge as if they were struggling to climb that mountain?  Just a thought.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline kenreich

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Project Ideas
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 02:51:36 pm »
Interesting thought!  That's the kind of ideas I'm looking for.  I'm anxious to see what others think.  Thanks for the idea.

SMF

Teknoromi