Author Topic: Heritage wood  (Read 1314 times)

Offline rjweb66

• View Profile
Heritage wood
« on: January 26, 2017, 11:37:46 am »
Good afternoon,
Has any one ordered from Heritage yet, I was reading their article about warped wood and to straighten, very good information. The only thing that I didn't care for at the bottom of article they said if your wood is not usable that they would ask the customer to be responsible to pay the cost of returning, that doesnt seem fair, and that turns me off from buying from them. Just my 2 cents, Thx RJ

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Heritage wood
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:00:33 pm »
Yes RJ I have bought from them. Not a lot but enough to feel at ease buying from them. I think the return shipping policy is far. After all someone could have opened a shipment and not handled storage properly, then wanted better boards or different graining. The order turnover is my only "complaint". But then I would rather see them not rush my order at the expense of quality. cherry Brian

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Heritage wood
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 06:10:12 pm »

"If it is warped much more than that, or it is not usable, we will replace it at no charge, but we may ask the customer to be responsible for the cost of returning the original, or at least to send us some pictures. They can give us a call or send an email and we will be happy to hear there feedback."

This is their exact quote.  The highlight and italicized is mine.

It sounds to me like they are open to a few options, but ultimately they will help.

Almost any wood will cup or bow when introduced to a different environment.

I wouldn't let that stop you from trying them at least once RJ.

Best of luck.

Karl

SMF

Teknoromi