Author Topic: hitachi cw-40  (Read 1767 times)

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
hitachi cw-40
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:52:07 pm »
Afternoon folks! I haven't posted here in awhile, but, I'm still around. :) I'm looking for a CW- Hitachi scroll saw. 16". It doesn't have to be in perfect shape, as I'm looking for it more for parts for mine. The parts I need have suddenly become obsolete on the Hitachi site, so, plan b kicks in. My email is bulldog6536@gmail.com. My phone number is (785)772-7321. Thank you for your time. Enjoy the day!
Sawdust703(Brad)

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: hitachi cw-40
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 04:09:29 pm »
Afternoon folks! I haven't posted here in awhile, but, I'm still around. :) I'm looking for a CW- Hitachi scroll saw. 16". It doesn't have to be in perfect shape, as I'm looking for it more for parts for mine. The parts I need have suddenly become obsolete on the Hitachi site, so, plan b kicks in. My email is bulldog6536@gmail.com. My phone number is (785)772-7321. Thank you for your time. Enjoy the day!

You can get the parts for that saw at http://www.ereplacementparts.com/hitachi-cw40-variable-speed-scroll-saw-parts-c-7927_13387_13388.html  I used to scroll with one of those but I wore it out so I went to a Dewalt  Looking to upgrade again soon but for now that link will get you to your parts I bet.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
Re: hitachi cw-40
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 09:43:06 pm »
Thanks DW. That site did have the parts, & I was able to order what I need. But, the parts are listed as obsolete there too. Luckily, they had it in stock. I bought my CW-40 about 15 years ago, & its still running strong! I've got enough hours on it though, that some things finally wear out. I use it now as my teacher saw more than anything. My work horse is a 220VS Hawk. Out of five scroll saws, I use these two the hardest. I refuse to turn loose of it! Outside of the Hawk, its the best saw I've ever owned. Thank you again for time & info. Regards, Brad.
Sawdust703(Brad)

SMF

Teknoromi