Author Topic: New scroll saw magazine  (Read 17125 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Re: New scroll saw magazine
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »
I would like to see more of the patterns before I purchase as it would be an expense mag, for me living down under
Jimbo

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 08:22:27 pm »
I put my name in too but I would like to know the shipping cost.  I am in Canada and sometimes the P&H is a killer.

Too bad not available electronically.

Don
`
$12 50 to Canada

Add the conversion to Canadian $ and it is closer to $18 out of my wallet. too rich for me.

I have corresponded this to the mag and suggested they relook at their business plan for e delivery option.

Don

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 10:08:45 am »
They have PDF for Canada for $7.50.

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 11:30:12 am »
Yes they now have payment active and here are the prices:

US Purchase (print):   $11.55
Canada (print):          $12.50 usd
PDF (Canada / UK):    $7.50 usd

The magazine is $6.50 (print US) so that makes shipping: $5.05! 

WOW, that is steep.

I'm guessing there will be no advertising as that usually pays for a lot of the costs involved with printing.

I would like to know who are the scrollers who are putting this out.  Nothing on the website says anything about who they are.
(I have an idea who they might be based on the contents listed on the site, but I don't know for sure.)

If this was made as a PDF only to ALL countries, I would really consider making the purchase.

Karl

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 06:35:37 am »
Yes, I thought the freight was way too high, also.  But I bought it anyway just to see if it was worth it.  If there are enough good patterns that I would buy separately anyway, it may be worth it.  We'll see.

Offline Northerner

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 02:19:53 pm »
has anyone received this mag that ordered it? way to spendy for me unless its really good so i wanted to see if anyone has it and can post some info on content?
I love the smell of sawdust in the morning!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 07:13:21 am »
I have not received my copy yet.  I've been wondering, too.  They send a digital version to those who bought a hard copy but I haven't even opened it.  I want the magazine.  That is what I paid for.

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 08:35:06 pm »
This is the first I heard of this magazine. I agree that the price sounds kind of steep, even in the US ($11.55 for magazine with shipping). One option is the PDF version as a shipping option but it says Canada / UK. What about the US? Can we get the PDF for $7.50? How do I contact the publisher with questions?
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline tinker1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 03:13:18 pm »
Hello All
Hope everyone had a Great Christmas!
I was wondering if anyone received the hard copy of the magazine yet?

Last I heard they've gone to print (week of dec. 8th), and wouldn't be sent out till after Christmas.
was emailed the pdf down load, but still waiting on hard copy.
email:
Scrollers Choice Woodorking Arts Magazine <scrollerschoicewoodworkingartsmagazine@hotmail.com>

tink
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 03:22:35 pm by tinker1 »

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 03:41:02 pm »
They didn't ever get back to me with the shipping amount, after I pre-ordered, so couldn't actually order.  Seems they aren't too organized.  If there's a PDF version, I'd sure rather have that than pay the extra for shipping.

This was the first Christmas season in years that I haven't purchased any new ornament patterns.  Seems the designers either didn't come out with any, or they just weren't the kind my buyers want.  My best sellers are the classics...snowflakes, stars,crosses, angels and nativities.  Throw in a few horse or cat related and a gingerbread man and there's my best seller list.

Oh well, maybe next Christmas.
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline tinker1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 09:11:54 pm »
here's email I received from them today. (12-29-2015)

We are going to be shipping them as soon as they come back from printers. We are likely to combine the shipping with the spring issue so you will receive both.

email:
Scrollers Choice Woodorking Arts Magazine <scrollerschoicewoodworkingartsmagazine@hotmail.com>

tink
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:17:08 am by tinker1 »

Phlip45

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 12:01:46 am »
Hi Nancy
 I just signed up and did not know about the Magazine could you tell me where I can order it.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 06:35:55 am »
I was wondering the same thing.  I thought when I ordered it, it would come in a timely fashion.  Very disappointed.

Offline tinker1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 07:24:13 am »
Hi Nancy
 I just signed up and did not know about the Magazine could you tell me where I can order it.

here the link to their order page:
http://scrollerschoicemag.wix.com/home

contact address:
Scrollers Choice Woodorking Arts Magazine <scrollerschoicewoodworkingartsmagazine@hotmail.com

tink

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 12:53:01 am »
Having read all of your posts re the new magazine, I have decided to wait until they become more established. I spotted a scroll saw magazine here in Aussie. I was attending a doctors appointment and called in at the local newsagent to buy a magazine to read. I bought the magazine 'ScrollSaw Woodworking & Crafts'. It was the holiday version with 60 patterns inside. I paid Aus$21.50 for it. I know it was pretty expensive I hear you say. But, when I got home, I checked out the magazine on the internet and found I could subscribe for 2 years (8 issues) for US$59. This included postage.
That is a much better price to pay. If I had bought the magazine from the newsagent each time it would cost me $172.... Now I am saving $113 by subscribing.

When the new magazine is well established, I will consider subscribing to that one as well.

Dave
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:54:39 am by Hawkdave »
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

SMF

Teknoromi