Author Topic: Triumph Rocket 3 Intarsia  (Read 1838 times)

Claymore

Triumph Rocket 3 Intarsia
« on: September 06, 2015, 09:55:17 am »
Hi,
Here's my latest Intarsia, Its a Triumph Rocket 3 (2300cc) approx size is 16" x 14" x 3/4" and made from Oak/Walnut/Beech (painted silver) and Teak for the logo.
I was experimenting with the silver and its worked better than I expected, also that's my first successful bit of lettering! :mrgreen:
Hope ya like it
Brian

Offline ALG

• View Profile
Re: Triumph Rocket 3 Intarsia
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 11:50:57 pm »
Very nice   I really like it.  You are the man.

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 01:26:29 am »
Very good Job you did.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 02:20:00 am »
Very impressive.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Brian Pardue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 07:07:42 am »
very nice - where are you getting all these motorcycle patterns

Claymore

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 11:07:34 am »
Cheers everyone and Brian I make them myself  8-)  I start with a photo/image and then turn it B/W and then dissect it into individual parts and remove any shading etc until I am left with a line drawing (you could trace a photo for similar effect but i prefer to change the designs via the computer and then print out a few copies)  and instead of numbering each tiny part I use coloured pens and all the parts i want in Oak may get a blue dot and Walnut might get a red one and so on...... i then cut just the different types of wood out and assemble onto a backing board.
So basically I can make a pattern of anything (today I am making a small car for my father in law called a Skoda Fabia, I made the pattern the same way as above)
There are some fantastic patterns available but most seem to be for American/Canadian wildlife/bikes etc so as I'm in sunny Scotland I thought i'd make some British wildlife/bikes etc.
Glad you like it and will post a picture of the Skoda (its not exactly a Mustang but its a bit better on fuel lol)
Cheers
Brian

SMF

Teknoromi