Author Topic: New scroller with a BIG question  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: New scroller with a BIG question
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 07:48:53 am »
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Take your shoes off and jump in and get your feet wet.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Tocaone

• Let all that you do be done with love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 07:42:21 am »
Starting to work on compound cutting again and have run into a little problem.  I do not have drill bits that are small enough or long enough to properly drill through my 2 X 2.  Can anyone tell me where you purchase your drill bits for this task?

Thanks,
Cathy

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 10:51:02 am »
woodenteddybear.com  they now sell what the flying dutchman used to carry.  Look for the mini drill bits.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Tocaone

• Let all that you do be done with love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 11:11:23 pm »
Thanks Dunk, I checked with them and while they have the smaller/mini drill bits they don't have any long enough.  I am looking for drill bits that are 3" or longer.   :)

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2015, 07:06:27 am »
A drill bit that thin and that long would just snap.  Get a mini chuck and the bits Dunk suggested.  I do a lot of compound cuts and have a ton of patterns for them.  Very few require smaller than a 1/16" drill bit which will be plenty long to go through your block.  If you are using a 2 X 2 it should be only 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 in actuality.  There are small bits that are a good 2" long that will accommodate your block.  Good luck.

SMF

Teknoromi