Author Topic: smallest scroll saw blade  (Read 2584 times)

agooday88

smallest scroll saw blade
« on: June 08, 2015, 08:26:20 pm »
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the smallest size PINNED scroll saw blades that are made. I use to use pinned but I changed to UNPINNED because I couldn't find small ones or spiral, and other different types. But I never did check to see if there ARE any really small blades that are pinned.  I just want to make sure.  Thanks

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Re: smallest scroll saw blade
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 04:42:27 pm »
Never seen that as a Subject matter before.  Very interesting question.  Not sure if many people still use the PINNED blades.
As I remember when beginning and only BEING able to buy the PINNED BLADES (Lowes or H.D.) The smallest was I would say
FD #5 or bigger.  Anyway you will get your answer here.  There are many more people with Lots of Knowledge about MOST ANYTHING....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 06:15:22 pm »
Although pinned in blades where of different sizes, that is not how the where categorized. They went by tpi (Teeth Per Inch). As a general rule the more teeth the smother the cut. The width of the pin usually was the same so they could be used on different saws.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

UHMNL

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »
There are no small pin blades. Many years ago the manufacture scroll saw people found out that to do very intricate cuttings that they had to change the clamps on the saw, so it could take pin-less blades and make them a lot smaller.
SD Mike

SMF

Teknoromi