Author Topic: DeWalt blade holders  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
DeWalt blade holders
« on: March 21, 2015, 02:24:26 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this site, so this has probably been discussed before, but I missed it.  I need help finding a machine shop that can make the blade holders from steel, but both of my local shops say they can't do it.  I know people have, and the part is small enough to send anywhere.

I tried ordering new ones from DeWalt, but they have been back-ordered since at least last August!  Can anyone help?
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline termite

• View Profile
Re: DeWalt blade holders
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:01:25 pm »
country scroller ordered blade holders from Ray at Seyco.-800-462-3353. the part # he used is
ex21-c36a blade clamps. you need to talk to Ray to order these. he said they are made better than dewalt. maybe he will see this & tell us how they worked. termite

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:14:32 pm »
I had a problem with my upper clamp it stripped out.  Fortunately I am an ex aircraft mechanic and have tools like taps and dies.  I enlarged the stripped hole and rethreaded it to take a new set screw then took the old set screw and replaced it with the thumb screw.  I then ordered a pair of blade holders however since I was "fixed" for the problem I was not in a critical need for them. 
My suggestion to Dewalt 788 users, order a pair of new blade clamps even if you do not need them at that time.  Having them handy will ensure that your down time will only be as long as it takes to change out the clamp.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

pddesertrat

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 01:36:28 pm »
I order extra ones for my Ex. a while back because it is nice to have some spare parts on hand.  I order holders and some other spare parts they have listed at the Seyco site.  I figure there is a reason they have those parts listed the way they do.  Especially ones that have steel and aluminum working together.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 02:38:32 pm »
for DW788 parts....ereplacementparts.com is the place to go!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 11:14:05 am »
ereplacementparts.com  I ordered the parts last month, and they are on back order, which was the Blade clamp.  edward

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 12:38:38 pm »
last time I ordered from ereplacementparts.com it took 4 months to get my order.
They held it up for 1 screw that I could have got at a hardware store
Not happy with their service
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

Offline me5269

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:37:26 am »
I ordered a couple from Dewalt 4 or 5 months ago, got them in about 4 days. Just checked their site for fun and it shows they are available. Also a dollar more than I paid.  http://servicenet.dewalt.com/Parts/Detail/299265
- Mike

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 08:25:37 pm »
Hi again, Nancy here with an update.  I called good old Ray at Seyco and he said he could "not confirm or deny" that the Excalibur blade holders would work on DeWalts.  Probably because he is an authorized Excalibur dealer, and not DeWalt.  Anyway, I ordered 3 of them, one for each saw, and they work perfectly.  Mine are all Type 1 DeWalts, made in Canada, so guess I can't say for sure that they will work on the newer Type 2's, but I'm betting they would.

If I had know years ago about replacing just the set screw and the tiny end of the thumb screw, I wouldn't have tried tightening the blade so much and wouldn't have ruined the blade holder.  Those parts are also interchangeable in Excalibur and DeWalt, and available from Seyco.   It's called the Quick Clamp Renewal Kit  #QCRX and sells for $6.30.  There are 2 of each part in the kit.

Sure nice to find this site and be able to interact with so many helpful fellow scrollers!
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

SMF

Teknoromi