Author Topic: Back to #1  (Read 3798 times)

thumbs1946

Back to #1
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:28:22 pm »
So I got mad
 at my cable because it raise my bill to $204 a month- I had to get a new e-mail address and so a new username & id,  but I'm still the 1 1/2 thumb guy talk to you later--Richard :o :o :o :o

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Back to #1
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 08:06:09 pm »
Sorry to hear about your troubles Richard.  It is unfortunate that there is no serious competition for the internet connection.  You have cable, they have AT&T U-verse both are very close in performance, cable has its good points and so does U-Verse.  Unless you can place your own satellite in orbit you are pretty much stuck with what is being offered and how it is being offered.  Still loads better than dial up.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:51:28 pm »
Sounds like both cable and satellite have problems.  I have satellite, and I swear 3 flakes of snow can take it out.  Or some days it's too foggy, or cloudy, or raining too hard.  Then there are the times where there doesn't seem to be any reason, but it's just gone.  Makes it tough to run a business if you can't get email orders or make UPS labels!

When that happens, I just adjourn to the scroll saw and I'm back in my happy place.
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 12:36:27 pm »
So I got mad
 at my cable because it raise my bill to $204 a month- I had to get a new e-mail address and so a new username & id,  but I'm still the 1 1/2 thumb guy talk to you later--Richard :o :o :o :o
$204Ouch
Is this the sort of region you guys have to pay, I suppose if it comes with a full blown TV package for instance, but still expensive
So I am curious to know how much people do pay in different ares and countires, and of course what you actually get for your money

Here in the UK BT (British Telecom) are undergoing an upgrade of the phone lines to make them all fibre optic this was completed in my area about 4 months ago
When complete and you subscribe to it you can get speeds of up to 40MB depending how close you are to the nearest distribution box

so in my package we are getting

37 MB download speed
6MB upload
together with
totally unrestricted download allowance
free evening and weekend calls to landlines
free any time calls to numbers on the same network
28 day catch up tv
we get this for ?30GBP  about $43 USD per month

What do you get for your money???

Dave
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:38:07 pm by daveo »

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:44:29 pm »
Here it's called==bend over please
Oregon Coast USA

JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

thumbs1946

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 12:04:29 pm »
DaveO--for $204 I got 25 mg download on internet (unlimited usage), 250 channels of tv or which we watched maybe 10, and un limited phone. now with the new package I still get about the same for about $95 per month for the next 3 years. That's when they'll sock it to me big time.  I still only watch the same 10 channels--Richard

Offline busco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 07:37:52 am »
We have DSL from the local phone company.  Cable is not offered where I live and we had serious trouble with Dish and Direct TV.  Sp now we have an antenna and get the local channels.  Through the DSL line we also have Netflix which allows us to for the most part watch movies and other TV channels.  104 dollars a month for both, DSL and phone service.  The internet is slow sometimes but then again so am I.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 11:21:26 pm »
My cable bill which is basic tv, internet up to 50mbps, phone with unlimited long distance its about 150 a month but that was when I chose to lock into a price lock for 2 years after that they tried to raise my rates up to almost 200, I went in and cut loose on them telling wait a minute if rates raise its only 3 bucks for internet and 3 for tv so thats only a 6 dollar increase not near 50 where did you get your figures if this is the case then i am going to drop and change some things. She oh I can give you a one time good for a year 50 dollar courtsey fee, drops my bill down to about 130 since I have a dvr box, which can live with that but need to take that box back and tell them to keep it, only reason still had it was on screen tv guide but can use tvguide.com site to look up whats on.

I refuse to have at&t they cram your bill too much and are more than what my cable company is, direct or dish forget it, I got tire of the wind blowing right loose signal, drizzle loose signal sneeze loose signal. So for now I am sticking with my local cable company, I would love to have a cable bill for 50 bucks a month.

I wish we could pick and choose what channels to keep and pay per channel or how many we have its all about the tv now a days, they want to give you 200 channels the whole 9 yards, who has time to watch 200 channels of nothing, I can do that without cable.

SMF

Teknoromi