Author Topic: Checking In  (Read 2083 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Checking In
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:00:29 am »
Hey to all my scroll saw family. I have not been on much since Christmas. Been a real hard start of a year. My health has been like a roller coaster. Seems like when I am about to feel well I end up feeling bad again. Been fighting this for months.

Also not able to work too much in my shop. On top of respiratory problems I am still working on learning IT for my Certification. When not studying I am working a part time job at a Christian Care for Kids center.  Hope to get a day in the shop before March 3rd. That is my wife's birthday and I really wanted to make her something.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a good start of the year and doing well. I will be back on a bit more often if I can. And if I do get out in the shop I will be sure to post pictures.

Offline gordster

• Nova Scotia, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Checking In
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:30:48 am »
Hey Troy, keep on truckin, hope you feel much better soon...especially for March 03, you don't want to forget that day.lol
Gordie
Gordie

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 08:13:09 am »
I understand the roller coaster and also the desire for time in the shop.  My shop is entirely too cold and I'm still getting used to the new leg braces for my knees.  Here's hoping that things improve for both of us as I have a Mar 6 deadline.

pddesertrat

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 10:58:32 am »
Tony, very sorry you are have a bad start to the new year.  hope thing get turned around for you shortly. 

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 01:01:59 am »
Hey Troy I sincerely hope that you start to feel better soon my friend.  Take care of yourself and we will see you when you can manage it, OK.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:42 pm »
As Annie would say, "The sun WILL come out tomorrow"   Hang in there.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 02:45:59 pm »
Thanks for the nice replies. I found out I had a sinus infection and also bronchitis. Been off work all week. Going in today though. Still not feeling great this is kicking my rear end. Hope to give a better report in a week or so.

Keith Sharples

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 05:35:09 am »
Hi Troy,  I know how you must be feeling.  I also have health problems, mainly spinal, and this has slowed me down greatly since Christmas.  The colder/damper weather we have had here in the UK doesn't help, and the change of season we are heading into (Winter to Spring) can play havoc for me. I managed to get out into the Workshop a bit in Jan, as the weather, though cold, was quite settled for a week or so, and I did some Turning.  I have only been scrolling since the beginning of Feb, and am looking forward to the Spring when I hope to be able to get some serious time in my little shop.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for you, and indeed for myself also, as I've had a few bad days (can't even get comfortable in a seat for more than about 20 mins) this week.

Take Care!

Keith.  (Norfolk, England)

SMF

Teknoromi