Author Topic: Picture to Pattern Request Please  (Read 3899 times)

mowerman1193

Picture to Pattern Request Please
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:35:22 pm »
Our best friends mother passed away about a year ago from a massive heart attack. I told her to get with me and I will make a portrait for her... well she got with me a couple days ago and is wanting 7 portraits to give to brothers and other family while she is visiting next week.. Yeah next week, LOL... Reason I am asking here because it takes me ages to get a cuttable  pattern made.. especially when I am given very poor quality photos to work with, LOL

Not sure if anyone would be able to work with the provided photo or not.. I am currently trying but at the rate I am going she might be able to take it on her visit in the next couple years, LOL

Thanks in advance to anyone that would be willing to give it a go, Oh and we do not want the bunny ears in the portrait  ;D
Kevin

Adam

Re: Picture to Pattern Request Please
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:55:34 pm »
Here's my go at it! If you use it post a pic!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:44:12 am by Adam »

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:38:10 am »
Very nice pattern.thanks for helping :)
mahendra

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 03:25:55 pm »
Kevin.... I gave your friends mother a shot....Pix is of poor quality, thus, details were minimal. Hope it
helps.....Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:20:42 pm »
Here's another shot at it. She looks like a fun person. Maybe the color outline will make it a little easier? This is scaled for 4x6 inches but feel free to expand it as needed.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

mowerman1193

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 10:48:38 pm »
Wow, wonderful work you all have done.. Thank you very much. I will show our friend the patterns and see what one she likes..

Thank you all so very much for taking the time to work with these. Most times I can get a workable pattern myself but not when they give such poor quality photos...

Kevin

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 02:30:15 am »
Great patterns guys  :) thanks for helping
mahendra

mowerman1193

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 04:50:51 pm »
She chose to use the pattern from EIEIO. I have stack cut 4 of them done...going to cut the other 3 a little later today ( I hope ). I will post a picture of one of the finished ones when I get some of them completed.

Again I would like to thank all of you for taking the time to make the patterns for me,
Kevin 

Offline seadog852

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 07:29:34 pm »
you guys are great. I haven't tried to make patterns like that mainly because don't know how. lol keep up the good work

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 11:37:46 am »
She chose to use the pattern from EIEIO. I have stack cut 4 of them done...going to cut the other 3 a little later today ( I hope ). I will post a picture of one of the finished ones when I get some of them completed.

Again I would like to thank all of you for taking the time to make the patterns for me,
Kevin

Looking fwd to the photo.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Lancaster Ohio
www.RMHayes.US

mowerman1193

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 04:53:16 pm »
Well here is one of the finished pieces. Cut out of 1/8" BBPly and glued a 1/8 painted black backer. I normally use foam sheets as a backer but this one was quite fragile since the whole top portion of the portrait is only held by two bridges by the eye on the one side. After using a painted board as a backer I found I really like that method better.. other than it does take a little more time to wait for the paint to dry.. Maybe I should spray a whole sheet black and cut it to size as needed for portraits, LOL

Anyhow here is the picture and again.. THANK YOU!

Kevin

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 07:20:00 pm »
Nice one. Thanks for posting.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Lancaster Ohio