Author Topic: oval key chain software problem  (Read 3608 times)

Offline seadog852

• View Profile
oval key chain software problem
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:56:17 am »
I recently got a new printer and when I tried printing a oval chain I got a change resolution error. I've looked all over and can't seem to change the resolution on my printer to print the oval key chains. My printer is wf-3530. Anybody else have this problem and know how to fix or there  a newer version of oval key chain? Thanks!

Robert H. Bigart

Re: oval key chain software problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 08:05:21 pm »
I would first check Epson support.com

Bob

agooday88

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:53:29 pm »
I also downloaded that program and my  computer wont let me make any. I gave up.

Offline seadog852

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 07:18:21 pm »
I've looked all over. Have now emailed. Hopefully they can tell me. Wish I knew coding to figure the program out and make it work. :P

tdub4ever

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 07:24:21 pm »
Seadog, do you have Inkscape? Oval key chains are very easy to make in Inkscape.

Offline seadog852

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 08:41:34 pm »
I do have inkscape. still learning how to use it. Still don't know how to convert from their file endings to a gif or jpeg.  The reason why i like the program
is the ease in putting space between letters. Have to see if inkscape does that.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 08:50:36 am »
I do have inkscape. still learning how to use it. Still don't know how to convert from their file endings to a gif or jpeg.  The reason why i like the program
is the ease in putting space between letters. Have to see if inkscape does that.

In Inkscape you can do a few saves - "save as" and select file type  PNG - that is like a JPG and can be inserted into other programs. Or [File][Export Bitmap] (this will save as PNG). Or from Inkscape save as SGV, then open the SVG in GIMP and save as GIF or JPG. You can also [File][Print] from Inkscape to get a hard copy. Inkscape allows very flexible character positioning - use the "A" button to create a text block, enter your text, set the font type and size, then use the AA A/A A\A etc. buttons across the top to adjust spacing.  Also try the [Path][Inset] and [Path][Outset] for some neat effects.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

agooday88

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 11:33:50 am »
I can do so much more ever since I came to this website! Thank u.
 I have taken the advice of everyone. I have one more issues.. I downloaded Inkscape.... learned how to create and edit text... then I went to Fontspace to find a font that wasn't listed on their fonts.... I finally found the font that I want.. NOW>>>... How do I get the font to Inkscape?  phewwww I am exhausted.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 03:43:51 pm »
When you add the font to Windows, Inkscape and most other editing programs will list it.

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314960: To install a font, follow these steps:

Find the font you want and download it to your hard drive, flash drive, etc.. Put it somewhere easy to browse to, like c:\.
Click Start, and then click Run (WinXP) or in newer versions type into the command window.
Type the following command, and then click OK:
%windir%\fonts
[NOTE you can also do this from Control Panel--Fonts]
On the File menu, click Install New Font.
In the Drives box, click the drive that contains the font that you want to add.

In the Folders box, click the folder that contains the font that you want to add, and then click OK.
In the List of fonts box, click the font that you want to add. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold the CTRL key while you select each font.
Click to select the Copy Fonts To Fonts Folder check box. The new font is saved in the Windows\Fonts folder.
Click OK.

When you open the Fonts Selection in Inkscape, the new font should be listed.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline seadog852

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 07:00:04 pm »
Thanks for your help with inkscape. That will come in handy. :)

In Inkscape you can do a few saves - "save as" and select file type  PNG - that is like a JPG and can be inserted into other programs. Or [File][Export Bitmap] (this will save as PNG). Or from Inkscape save as SGV, then open the SVG in GIMP and save as GIF or JPG. You can also [File][Print] from Inkscape to get a hard copy. Inkscape allows very flexible character positioning - use the "A" button to create a text block, enter your text, set the font type and size, then use the AA A/A A\A etc. buttons across the top to adjust spacing.  Also try the [Path][Inset] and [Path][Outset] for some neat effects.

SMF

Teknoromi