Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 2256 times)

Offline MrA

• View Profile
Thank you
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:55:48 pm »
I don't post often but read all the new posts almost every day. I would like to thank first Steve for all the great daily patterns as well as the ones in his catalogue  and secondly all the posters here for their tips I have read over the past year. With all this help I managed to sell over $600 worth of items at the local farmers market in the past three Saturdays, and have had people request I come back for the next weeks leading up to Christmas. Thanks to all of you.
Tom
One mistake leads to expensive firewood and I have had a couple of good fires since I started.

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 06:09:42 am »
Congratulations on a good show.  Finding the right venue is a blessing.  Keep up the good work.

pddesertrat

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 10:50:31 am »
Someday I hope to get brave enough to try selling some work, but I really have a hard time dealing with rejection..... :-\

Glad you have done good.  Hope it continues. 

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 11:16:39 am »
Thank you for your post Mr A it is very encouraging to most of the people on this site.....Even me!  ;D

I didn't take things to a show but, I did sell some. I had given one of my "picture book"  frames to a friend and she ordered five more for Christmas gifts. I took the time (even though I didn't want to) to make them for her and she paid me $110.00 which covered most of my materials and a bit more. She didn't have to do any shopping and I made about $1.00 an hour for my "labor"!  ;) A win, win situation if I ever heard of one!  ;)

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Kragax

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 08:29:50 pm »
Someday I hope to get brave enough to try selling some work, but I really have a hard time dealing with rejection..... :-\

Glad you have done good.  Hope it continues.

I have seen pics of your work ie: Raccoon. You're underrating yourself by a long shot

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »
Congratulations, Tom!
Hopefully you can show us some of your cuttings sometime.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline GrampaJim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 01:15:18 pm »
I agree.  Steve's site (information, tutorials, and especially videos) has helped me a ton!  Of all the patterns I have (and there are a lot on my computer), Steve's are my favorite and the ones I keep going back to.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 03:45:33 am »
Well congratulations Tom you seem to be on a roll.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi