Author Topic: excalabur parts  (Read 2451 times)

Offline dirob

• View Profile
excalabur parts
« on: October 19, 2014, 07:09:08 pm »
Hi folks Bob from Aussie with a request of the forum to source parts for my Excalabur 21 saw. I have attempted to purchase parts from Seymours but they don't ship to Aussie. The support in Australia is non existent [or so pathetic as to be useless]so I would like to ask someone on the forum if they could purchase parts and ship them to me. I appreciate that this is a big ask but I can assure desperation calls for desperate measures. I would forward funds prior to purchase so that my motives are in the right place.
R F R

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: excalabur parts
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 10:35:21 pm »
Did you contact General International in Montreal?

I had an issue with my EX-21 and I called and they shipped the part the same day.  I would try an email to them and see if they can put you in contact with the correct person.

http://www.general.ca/contact.html

Don

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:02:35 am »
Bob - you might ask Ray at Seyco why they can't ship to Au. Maybe there are incompatibilities (different design sold over there)? If it's just a sales territory issue, and the manufacturer link doesn't work, I can order and ship to you if you can handle to cost.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline PigsFly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:40 am »
Did you contact General International in Montreal?

I had an issue with my EX-21 and I called and they shipped the part the same day.  I would try an email to them and see if they can put you in contact with the correct person.

http://www.general.ca/contact.html

Don

Talk to Mike Duncan if he is still at General International.  He is very helpful.

Mike Duncan
Service client?le(pieces) Customer Service(parts)
T 1-888-949-1161
T 514-326-1161 Ext 236 | F 514-326-5565
www.general.ca

His e-mail is:

Mike Duncan <mike.duncan@general.ca>

Doug

Take what you do seriously
Never take yourself too seriously

Offline dirob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »
thanks for your input guys I have had contact with Mike he was reluctant to forward parts even when I told him that if I couldn't get parts when required I would be considering a change to a saw that could guarantee parts as required.  [ a path that I don't wish to travel because as far as I am concerned nothing comes close to the Excalabur] Seyco have parts that are not available in Australia for blade attachment replacement and I figure that even with shipping would be cheaper than what I can get in Australia.
R F R

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:00:57 am »
Sorry for the late reply but I haven't been around.  Anyhow I would try Carbatec, they sell EX's so I would assume they have or could get parts. They are in Sydney and Melbourne (Springvale).  Hope this is of some help for you.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline dirob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 04:43:36 pm »
 :(Thanks Wombie I find Carbatec a pain to deal with I have to admit I did get [finally] someone who knew what he was talking about and provided good service
R F R

SMF

Teknoromi