Author Topic: Scroll saw portraits.  (Read 2950 times)

Offline rdatelle

• View Profile
Scroll saw portraits.
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:22:13 pm »
Hi I'm looking for someone that can convert a couple of photos into patterns for me. I want to try and make a couple of portraits of my two grand kids. I don't know if it would be easier to make one with both there images in it or do two separate ones. One is a boy and one is a girl. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Ralph.
Ralph

pddesertrat

Re: Scroll saw portraits.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:32:51 pm »
Usually you just post pictures and patterns magically appear.  I've had some great patterns doing that.   There are some great pattern makers here.

Offline rdatelle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:38:40 pm »
Thanks Paul, I'll try that. Ralph from Ga.
Ralph

Offline rdatelle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm trying to find someone that knows how to convert photos into patterns. I have no idea on how to do this. I want to make a couple of my Grand Kids If I can. Here's a couple of photos. Let me know what you think. Thanks Ralph.

P.S. Well I guess my photos are to big it says. Now what do I do. Ugg.
Ralph

pddesertrat

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »
There  are many free photo editors that can be downloaded from the internet.  You can resize your images with them as well as modify and enhance them.  I use Photoscape but there are many others.

Offline rdatelle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 07:38:51 pm »
Hi Paul, what size do you use to post pics on here. Do they go by document size or pixel.
Ralph

tdpainter

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 08:42:08 pm »
Hi there, I think the biggest size for uploading is 126kb.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:52:08 pm »
If you go to Steve Good's blog, http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/09/super-simple-picture-resizer-for.html scroll down a little there's a Picture Resizer that will reduce your photo size so it can be uploaded. It has to be <128kB.

You can also upload it online to something like Google+ photos, then put a link to it in your posting using the Picture tool (1st button in the 2nd row - right click the photo and select "Copy URL", then paste that URL between the {img} {/img} code that the button inserted). The size doesn't matter if you do it that way.

It's hard to get both people in a picture to look their best, but it's easier to render (convert to a pattern) if you have one picture with both people (they are already on the same size scale). One picture with 2 good images of them is the ultimate. The best patterns are from quarter shots (the person's head is turned a little to the right or left) - those show the shape of the face better than a straight on shot, and have better shadows to convert. Also natural light is better than a direct flash picture - the flash tends to light the full face so the cheeks, nose, and other lines are obscured. Indirect light like sunlight won't usually do that.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline rdatelle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 11:32:11 am »
Well I tried doing a couple by myself. Not to good, then I got an email from Mahendra and he saved the day. I sent him a few photos and he sent one back right away. What a guy. Can't say enough about him . Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.
Ralph

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 09:58:24 pm »
Well I tried doing a couple by myself. Not to good, then I got an email from Mahendra and he saved the day. I sent him a few photos and he sent one back right away. What a guy. Can't say enough about him . Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

Ralph, thank you for your kind words and I am happy that you liked it and you are welcome to send  as many as you wish in the future-  :)
Mahendra
mahendra

SMF

Teknoromi