Author Topic: Ads on Steve's blog  (Read 5294 times)

Blue Peeps

Re: Ads on Steve's blog
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:01 pm »

I agree that it is quite petty to complain about the ads that are on Steve's site, but there will always be a few people out there that feel the need to nitpick.

It appears that Steve has the right attitude (not letting it get to him and not apologizing for the ads) so that is good. His site is a wonderful asset to the scrollsaw community, and I am guessing that there are thousands of happy visitors for each person that complains.

I hope to purchase his DVD's that contain all of his patterns someday (not in a position to do it at the moment) as a way to give something back (and get lots of neat patterns at the same time  :) )
I also plan to purchase the ebook that contains the vase patterns for the same reason.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 02:02:39 am »
I did not see the post in question but this is what I have to say to that person.  GET A LIFE.  A FEW ADS ARE NOT GOING TO KILL YOU.  BE THANKFUL THAT THERE IS A PERSON, IE STEVE, THAT GIVES HIS TIME FREELY SO THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME HAVE SOMEWHERE TO TURN WHERE OUR HOBBY IS CONCERNED.  WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE STEVE AND THE PATTERN DESIGNERS WE WOULD NOT HAVE A HOBBY. Now I will finish how I started GET A LIFE AND GROW UP.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Graywolf

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 08:13:11 am »
I agree with everything said and I too am very grateful to Steve for all of the time he puts into making this site a pure joy for all of the scrollers that enjoy using his FREE patterns to create many beautiful creations. Some people will always find something to complain about without thinking how it affects others. I for one would like to tell Steve that 99.99% of his followers really appreciate his blog and are grateful for all of his hard work and time that he puts into it. I say, if you don't like what you see then just delete your membership but please don't throw a monkey wrench into this 
great site.

Mike

I couldn't agree, or add more. I have learned more in the few years I have been scrolling. It has even put a few coins in my pocket. I still have the first project hanging in the shop. I have come a long way thanks to Steve, and then there is Mike for FD blades. Yep, cant thank Steve and Mike enough.
Who says an old, baldheaded, fat man can't learn new tricks.

Gary

Offline Clem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 07:01:00 pm »
I agree. Steve does a magnificent job sending out patterns and keeping this blog going. Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining. Keep up the good work Steve.
Clem

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Ads on Steve's blogou
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 07:27:32 pm »
if you have not done so yet, go to the blog http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com and click on an ad that looks intersting. you might see something you like.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Ray

• View Profile
    • Slideshow of a few of my completed projects
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 10:07:50 pm »
Lots of great comments already so I'll just add my agreement in support of Steve.

Ray

SMF

Teknoromi