Author Topic: blade alignment  (Read 1843 times)

dross51

blade alignment
« on: November 14, 2014, 09:48:00 pm »
Hello I havn't used my dewalt 788 all summer.It has finally cooled off enough to go in the garage but now that I started back I have a problem I can't figure out. The saw started cutting to the left instead of the right.I have leveled the stand and the metal plate. I have tried moving the upper blade adjustment and the lower to no avail.It appears the the bottom blade holder and top holder are not lined up, the blade has a slight left angle compared to the top blade holder.This is really frustating trying to figure out.Has any one encountered this before?

kennybruzda

Re: blade alignment
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 12:43:16 am »
are you sure you do not have the blade in upside down?

Offline mamell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:11:28 pm »
I have the same problem.  Everything cuts to the left. Table is square,  blades aligned,  a zero tolerance board and yet no matter what I try everything wants to wander to the left. I even thought of cutting off my left hand, but that would make going to the can difficult..not impossible, but difficult.  I think it's possible that the pinless blade adapter doesn't mesh with the lower adapter.  They're two different types. One is a dremel quick change adapter and the other their regular pinless adapter. I think that the quick change adapter is made for people who just want to cut things to the left.  I guess I'll call the woman with the sexy voice at dremel and order another adapter or maybe scroung around and find a chunk of steel to mill one with a better tolerance..

Offline mamell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 07:58:08 am »
Well duh...not 10 minutes after posting this it struck me like a toilet seat out of the sky blow to the head ..I had the blade clamped to the wrong side of the quick change adapter..  This problem has been plaguing me since day one.. I just love when something so simple seems invisible for so long. Geeeez!

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 02:05:50 pm »
Glad you got it figured out.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

SMF

Teknoromi