Author Topic: Pondering  (Read 1255 times)

pddesertrat

Pondering
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:35:38 pm »
I am wondering why more people don't post their project in the gallery?   I love browsing through it and I get a lot of idea when doing so.  Just curious.  Maybe "Just Curious" should have been my user name!

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Pondering
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »
Me again, Paul! (You caught me on a day when I am here drawing at my computer all day!)

I don't post all of my projects because I don't want to always appear to be "selling" something. Many here know that I have my own website and I design patterns for a living. While I know I probably should promote them as much as I can, I feel I would be annoying if I were to continually post my new things here. I post once in a while, but I suppose that I would rather just answer questions and 'socialize' here most days, as the people here are like family! :) 

I love seeing people's creations, too!

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

ChuckD

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:32:09 pm »
It is very simple why I don't post hardly anything I do or did.  About ten years ago I posted an item I did and one of the members got very upset with me because I did not buy the pattern from him.  He claimed I made it illegally and made a big, big noise about it.  I even told him where I got the pattern and he called me a liar.  I left that forum and him but once bitten, twice shy. 

Kragax

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 04:51:14 pm »
Me again, Paul! (You caught me on a day when I am here drawing at my computer all day!)

I don't post all of my projects because I don't want to always appear to be "selling" something. Many here know that I have my own website and I design patterns for a living. While I know I probably should promote them as much as I can, I feel I would be annoying if I were to continually post my new things here. I post once in a while, but I suppose that I would rather just answer questions and 'socialize' here most days, as the people here are like family! :) 

I love seeing people's creations, too!

Sheila

You should post some anyway. If I hadn't read this post I never would have known of your website, and your patterns are great.
I saw a bunch that I'm going to have to get. Beautiful work.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 03:56:29 am »
my 2 cents, I think there are 2 places for uploading pictures of your work. the gallery and the bragsection.
I find it easy to add a picture of my work in the brag section of this forum.
that way I can show my work and people add comments and discus about it.
I see people do post their pics in the gallery and add a topic with text in the brag section and then I have to go over there and back.
I don't think that's the easy way....
so I don't post much in the gallery.
and because of that I also don't look there everyday, and I try to in the brag section....
as said, my 2 cents...
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 08:52:17 pm »
Well Paul, I'm just lazy. Next time I finish a project I'll put it in the gallery. Promise!
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 03:07:53 am »
I post to the Brag page but always forget about the Gallery.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi