Author Topic: Pattern for an Army Tank  (Read 1995 times)

TheKingmontKid

Pattern for an Army Tank
« on: February 02, 2014, 12:24:36 am »
I been wanting to cut a tank and if you are like me, you have plenty of scraps laying around.  So I whipped up a pattern based loosely on a WWII era Sherman tank.  I haven't made it yet and will give it a go after I make a shelf for a friend.  The two lower "tracks" would be glued on the outside of the middle body, giving a 3/4 gap between them.  I thought this would make it good to drive a dowel straight down through the turret (top portion) with maybe a nail or another smaller dowel rod through it at the bottom.  Then, obviously glue the top end of the dowel in the turret and sand it off flush.  This, I thought would prevent the turret from being pulled off (speaking as a parent of a 9 year old boy :-)) Holes are provided for 1" wheels and of course, pass along 3 dowels as axles for the matching wheels. 

Take this with my pleasure and feel free to add any improvements (gas cans, machine guns and whatever else appropriate embellishments).  This is only my third pattern, so take it easy on me.  LOL.  As always, be nice to get credit but I'm the first to admit I am sometimes forgetful of doing so myself. 

--Jay

TheKingmontKid

Re: Pattern for an Army Tank
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:27:24 am »
Sorry, by the way, on further review, that glue line may have to come down a bit to clear the middle body so your axles can pass through.  But that's the best thing about scrollers, we can adapt and overcome any dummkopf pattern-makers named The Kingmont Kid.  :-D

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
Re: Pattern for an Army Tank
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:59:33 am »
Very cool tank. I use to be in tanks , M-60 & M-60 A-1. Use to drive, and gunner. Thanks for the pattern.

SMF

Teknoromi