Author Topic: scroll saw portraits with photo shop  (Read 2789 times)

1john27

scroll saw portraits with photo shop
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:47:16 pm »
Here`s a couple way`s to make scroll saw portrait`s with photoshop.                                                                     In Photoshop go to,Filter > Sketch > Torn Edges,                                                                                                  Play with the Image Balance, Smoothness and Contrast adjustments, to get the picture you want.
Another way in photoshop is to go to Filter > Sketch > Stamp,                                                                          Play with the Light/Dark Balance and Smoothness  adjustments to tweak the picture.                                         Might not be nothing new but I haven`t found anything for making portrait patterns with photo shop.
John

bobh47955

Re: scroll saw portraits with photo shop
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 03:17:08 pm »
Here`s a couple way`s to make scroll saw portrait`s with photoshop.                                                                     In Photoshop go to,Filter > Sketch > Torn Edges,                                                                                                  Play with the Image Balance, Smoothness and Contrast adjustments, to get the picture you want.
Another way in photoshop is to go to Filter > Sketch > Stamp,                                                                          Play with the Light/Dark Balance and Smoothness  adjustments to tweak the picture.                                         Might not be nothing new but I haven`t found anything for making portrait patterns with photo shop.
John

I have CS4 Photoshop. I too use torn edges. I have not tried the stamp yet. I will take a look at it when I get home today.
If you have one of the CS's you can create a duplicate layer then do your work on it. When you want to check your work you can lower the fill on the top layer and see through it to know how much more you can do to the portrait. Hope this helps you.

SMF

Teknoromi