Author Topic: Still breathing and taking nourishment  (Read 3133 times)

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
Re: Still breathing and taking nourishment
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 10:09:40 am »
It is a shame that the oil companies and their CEO's are so greedy, one of these days it is going to come around and bite them where the sun don't shine.  Being a child of the 50 and 60 I can understand profit but not highway robbery and greed.ust my two cents worth.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 03:38:00 am »
It is a shame that the oil companies and their CEO's are so greedy, one of these days it is going to come around and bite them where the sun don't shine.  Being a child of the 50 and 60 I can understand profit but not highway robbery and greed.ust my two cents worth.

you're right. profit is a good thing, but ever since we have the Euro things got more expensive.
the ratio between our old money (gulden) and the Euro was 2.20 and now days a lot of thing cost the same in Euro's as they did in gulden's or even more!!.
and that's not due to the economy grow index..... think most of us did get used to it..... :(
if I calculate the fuel prices back to the old currency I bet know one would ride his car anymore.
live and learn right.... ;D
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »
Well, it was just the other day that I wondered what had happened to the old horse thief. Glad that you are back with us Gabby. I have pondered the fact of getting old, not that I am nearly as old as you of course, then I thought of, " what is the alternative to growing old?". Your on the green side of the sod, that is the main thing. You got to show your face more often. Thanks for checking in. ;D ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 12:52:40 am »
OK So I'll regale y'all some more with my sob story, I get just shy of $800 per month SS
Which the Government controls the purse strings like it is their own. Keep in mind every dime was placed there by my employers and myself, in trust that it would all be there when it came time for me to stop putting my shoulder to the wheel. And thanks to good old LBJ the thief! They decided to convert it to the general fund. So now they can spend it any way they want too and they have, and now they tell us the SS Fund is broke. No mas Dinero. Reason enough to get a little P.O. ya think?
So after my prescriptions eat up over half of that measly $800 and I have to eat and help pay the utilities
how much do I have left for $4.00 gas. Care to guess? Zip nada zero. I'm a kept man and I know to tread lightly or I'll be living under a bridge somewhere but not for long without my local pharmacist. No nice little shed with AC and lights and heat in the winter just a drafty carport as long as the weather cooperates.. All this unloading is supposed to be good for the soul and all that jazz so why is it I'm not feeling better after laying all this crap on you nice folks with troubles of your own? I guess old Gabby just isn't feeling all that funny tonight. Again Sorry folks, you know I love you!
Gabby Bill
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 04:12:46 am »
That's a tough story Gabby, feel sad hearing this.
can imagine you're p.o. if they don't deliver as promised!
hang in there, and don't be sorry!
you know we all love Gabby,
no matter what! ;-)

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 08:16:40 am »
We luvs ya too Gabby. It is tough all around but ya gotta hang in there. Do what you can when you can. With regard to unloading, feel free to unload anytime. All of us here on this forum are like family, we are there for you.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 09:16:30 am »
Same here.  Hang in there Gabby,  we will have to find a way to "party on" and have a good time our own way.  Jeff44

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 03:32:20 am »
Thanks for the uplifting words and feelings, it's one of the reasons this forum is so special we always support one another like family, no matter what part of the world we are from. I'm not the first to "Vent" and probably won't be the last, just as long as we aren't venting AT one another.
Feeling a bit better now. "Ever kiss a mules A$$? No but I've always wanted to."
I love that line.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi