Author Topic: Noah's Ark In Progress(updated Pic)  (Read 4172 times)

ToverT

Noah's Ark In Progress(updated Pic)
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:26:47 pm »
A few days ago I started making the Noah's Animal Cracker Ark as a surprise for my Grandson.  I have 5 of the 6 decks cut but I ran out of wood so I have to wait for more wood to arrive.  I still have the tower and the cutout for the Giraffe's neck to stick through to complete also, and of course most all of the animals.  Meantime, while I'm waiting on wood, I have other wood I can use to cut some more of the animals.  I'll be using different color wood for different animals.  This pic shows white swans and Doves and purpleheard for the fox.  The ark is made from cherry and walnut.  This project takes ALOT and I mean ALOT of wood!!!!!!  

I'll post more pic's as I go along.

Thanks for Lookin'
Tommy T
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:38:46 pm by ToverT »

countryscroller

Re: Noah's Ark In Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 02:32:53 pm »
Looks great so far. Can't wait to see it finished.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 05:38:39 pm »
Nice so far Tommy.
Yes it does use a lot of wood, but don't forget the bottom 4 piece are cut from one piece of timber/lumber.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 08:38:26 am »
Thanks Tommy.  Don't think I will be doing this project, but looking forward to seeing how it proceeds for you.   Thanks for sharing with us.

Al
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

ToverT

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:14:11 am »
Thanks Tommy.  Don't think I will be doing this project, but looking forward to seeing how it proceeds for you.   Thanks for sharing with us.

Al
Al, actually this project is really very easy to cut.  Cutting a few ovals, a few squares and the animal figures.  As Merlin pointed out the first 3 ovals are cut from the same board but the largest ones, top 3) require a 24" x 8" piece of cherry each (for me).  Yes, you have leftover wood for other projects but you have to buy the wood to make this one.  As I said, I'm using Walnut and Cherry and my order from Oochoo woods for this project was $90.00, but yes, I will have leftover wood.  Nothin to good for my Grandson right!  LOL  But it is a fun, easy and cool project.  On their webpage at toymakingplans.com they state that this ark recently sold for $390.00 at a craft show, their statement, not mine.  :)

Tommy T

ToverT

Re: Noah's Ark In Progress(updated Pic)
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 01:42:16 pm »
I added one more deck of Cherry and still have one more deck to add plus the tower, but that will have to wait until next week when more wood arrives.  I made a few of the animals.  The Swans and Dove's are made from Aspen, the fox's are Purple Heart, the Alligators are Poplar green, and the Dog and Pony is African Ebony.  The Ebony had a small streak of sap wood going through it, so I used that on the hoofs of the poney.  Lots more animals to cut yet.

Tommy T

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 02:56:15 pm »
look'in good

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Robert Phillips

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 05:48:51 am »
I made the same thing a while ago just after I first started scrolling its a good fun project.

yveske

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 08:41:53 am »
hi

can someone send me pdf pattern of this ark??? if possible ?
I live in belgium ! many thanks in advance

goudketyves@gmail.com

SMF

Teknoromi