Author Topic: Anybody subscribe to woodworkers journal, or any magazines?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Anybody subscribe to woodworkers journal, or any magazines?
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:35:08 pm »
I got mail today a offer for woodworkers journal, price is 8 bucks plus the shipping so 10 bucks for the year. I also get free 250 shop tricks, annual resource digest, included is up to 24 all new projects, illustrated step by step details, expert shop tips, tool reviews and a special router issue.

I am seriously considering this, just to have some wood working reading material to look over, I have always liked wood working but more so the older I got. I have been looking for scrollsawing magazines, but no luck, its even hard to find scroll saw pattern books to buy, I found one, but want the same ones I checked out at the library so don't have to recheck them each time I want a pattern or play scan all the pages. What other options are there for reading material, or project plans for woodworking?

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Anybody subscribe to woodworkers journal, or any magazines?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:29:03 pm »
In the old days I subscribed to all the woodworking magazines including Wood, Fine Woodworking, American Woodworking and all the others.  I read them all from cover to cover. I learned most of what I know about woodworking from them. Over the years I let the subscriptions laps for most of them. I no longer subscribe to any of them. I do buy both of the scroll saw mags when they come out though. They are ScrollSaw Woodworking and Crafts and Creative Woodworks & crafts. Both are available at Lowes and Home Depot. The are both good mag and contain lots of patterns.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:31:28 pm by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:37:13 pm »
I like the articles in woodworkers journal. They are good for having my students read. And for that price I would go for it.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:38 pm »
Well I was at walmart tonight making the CEO richer, and found a copy of the Creative Woodworks and Crafts, so I got it, and love it, the patterns they have in there plus the instructions on how to do each one was great, this may issue they have a wonderful big beautiful pattern of a eagle, I know i am going to have to attempt it. I do know I need to try some flying dutchman blades.

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:44 pm »
I got the same offer from Woodworkers Journal and I ordered it today. A good offer for $10.00. I like the magazine.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

SMF

Teknoromi