Author Topic: Delta 40-690 Tension Problem  (Read 1122 times)

Old Crow

Delta 40-690 Tension Problem
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:38:04 pm »
When my 40-690 was new, a few months ago, correct tension on my blades was obtained with the tensioner set at about 3.5 or 4 and I was able to set the tension without looking at the tensioner, just by feel. Now suddenly, the blade tension is insufficient with the tensioner set all the way to maximum 5.5 and I am breaking way too many blades.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and is there an adjustment someplace or how did you fix it?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Don R

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
Re: Delta 40-690 Tension Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:56:32 pm »
I have the 40-695 and have experienced this a few times.   I  found that I wasn't getting the blade pulled tight enough when placing in the bottom blade holder.  This was usually  on  a blade that had been used awhile and had a bend in it.  Grabbing the blade with a needle nose seemed to help when I tightened the lower holder.  My tension is perfect at
2 to 2.5. 

Jim. . .
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:57:40 pm »
I found the fix here http://www.scrollsaws.com/SawReviews/DewltTuneUp.htm
It took about 10 minutes, cost nothing and it worked beautifully. It is smoother now than when it was new. If you have the same problem I highly recommend this.
Don R

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 09:49:19 pm »
Interesting....   I'll  have to remember that if pulling harder on my blade stops working :)

Jim. . .
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

SMF

Teknoromi