Author Topic: Scam Notice with todays pattern.  (Read 920 times)

Offline Al W

• View Profile
Scam Notice with todays pattern.
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:17:16 am »
Good Morning Folks,

Just a quick note to express my appreciation to Steve Good for the advice concerning the DOJ ransom scam. 

THANK YOU for taking the time to let the forum know about this scam, and there is NO NEED to apologize for putting this type of information on a post about a new pattern.

My opinion.

Al W
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Re: Scam Notice with todays pattern.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:40:48 am »
DOJ scam? Missed something somewhere. Ok, I read it on the main page. I offer good computer advice. I use a free product called Avast. This software can be gotten at avast.com. It is a free home version and it works very very well. When I was a school tech teacher and the school IT I was at a conference where the president of a major software protection agency gave a lesson on avast. One thing that separates it from most other software is it starts scanning your computer on start up and scans every H-Key in the process. If you do get a virus it will detect it at that point and disable it before it can start working. Steve's advice is good though. Dont try to pay the ransom, just scan for the virus and have it removed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:47:46 am by troy_curtis »

SMF

Teknoromi