Author Topic: Test  (Read 3622 times)

northie66

Re: Test
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 09:49:51 pm »
I'm undecided.  Part of me thinks it's degrading to the woman... but the other part thinks we are dumbarses for going to work!

chief

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 09:57:32 pm »
When I was on shore duty and got home everyday by noon and she worked late til like 6:00 or even later.  I took care of the kids cooking, helped with homework, did yard work, went grocery shopping, did laundry, and cleaned the house.

cherie

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 02:41:53 am »
I really did not mean to come off sounding so harsh earlier.  I do know that times have changed and for those families that are still in tact, it takes two in order for things to work and that means that both partners give and take.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 02:55:01 am »
No one's a dumb bum we all do what is needed and it doesn't matter who does it as long as the family is happy as we are here
Jimbo

AnotherSteve

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 08:44:19 am »
I'm Gray Beard's age and remember when that was pretty much the way it was.

Compare 1955 with 2010.  Compare crime, divorce rates, violence in the schools, drugs, unmarried pregnancies, family relationships, and a thousand other things.  Would I trade todays ipods, computers, HD TV, and all the other "wonders" of the 21st Century?  Yup, Beaver Cleaver was my hero!!

GWhit

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 10:20:28 am »
I'm undecided.  Part of me thinks it's degrading to the woman... but the other part thinks we are dumbarses for going to work!
One income used to be fine, now it takes 2 to do the same thing.  Who's ahead with this plan?  In my opinion in many cases the children are paying with their upbringing turned over to the day care people without Mom at home.
The "good old days" were not perfect, but a some things were better.
Gordon

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 02:35:21 pm »
1955 - one of my classmates got his girlfriend pregnant and it was found out one month before graduation. Both (Catholic) schools refused to let them participate in graduation ceremonies and she was not even 'showing'! They were handed their diplomas in the school office on the last day of school.

Have you been in a high school in the US lately? Some look like homes for unwed mothers!

Maybe the 'good old days' were better!?!?!?!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi