Author Topic: Hawk saw  (Read 1869 times)

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
Hawk saw
« on: December 16, 2012, 01:20:48 pm »
I never see any ting about Hawk saws on here.
Just wondering how many people have one.
I just got a like new used one & love it,it makes my old Delta feel kike a Crapsman== Sorry hate sears.

220VS
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

orangeman

Re: Hawk saw
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 02:31:55 pm »
I bought a Hawk about six years ago. It turned out to be faulty as it had a very bad vibration. I sent it back to the tune of $50 for shipping and they refunded the $1200 I originally paid without a problem.

Having said that, a neighbor of mine has one and loves it - problem free.

But I have learned the hard way to never buy such a pricey item and have it shipped. I will always buy a saw locally in case there are problems and I need to return.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 11:40:49 pm »
I have had two different models.  Ran a 16" for years and loved it.  Sold it after I got a deal on the 26"VS I now use.  They are wonderful machines in my opinion.  I hope Bushton returns the brand to prominence.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline rickther

• eureka ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:24:07 am »
I also have the 26vs. have had it for years, like it alot.
RBI VS 26

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 10:35:20 pm »
Have had the middle sized Hawk (21 inch?) for 9 years, bought as a demo model at a woodworking show.  It's been flawless.  We have made a lot of sawdust together.
Scrolling has its perks

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:05:28 am »
One reason you don't hear much about them is you just can't walk into a store and buy one. Unless you buy one used from a private user or see it at a woodworking show, you just can't get yours hands on one to check them out. They sell them on line and at woodworking shows but those are dwindling down to nothing. There hasn't been a woodworking show in So. Ca. in a couple of years. I would love to test drive a new one!
Dan In Southern California

jim stiek

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:21:10 am »
I have a 20 inch varaiable speed had it for about 10 years and have had no trouble, been using it for production cutting most of the time. a couple of years ago I purchased the jr hawk knowing it had some issues, with a little work it has proven to be a workhorse I bought it with the intention of using it for shows after getting the issues resolved it is now my mainstay saw unless I need the larger capacity of the 20 inch which is very seldom. I know every one does not want to work on thier saw after they buy it but he jr has proven to be my favorite.
the other hawk products are ready to use out of the box and in my opinion are very good equipment.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 03:17:53 pm »
Luck of the draw, like my Ex 21" have had never ending problems and at the moment I am waiting for them to be resolved
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi