Author Topic: The Manchester Wall Clock  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Caribbean Scroller

• View Profile
    • http://www.woodartz.blogspot.com
Re: The Manchester Wall Clock
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 02:54:31 pm »
That's one great looking clock.

cloetpatrick

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 01:03:32 am »
 ;) I missed this post, great work, lace ahead! ...  ;)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 01:07:58 am »
Work of art Gary thanks for sharing
Jimbo

garyinnevada

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 10:06:49 am »
Im amazed at all the compliments on my clocks. If you have never done one I really think you should. The one thing that was hard for me to get used to was that I couldnt knock out a project every day or do a couple different things on a weekend.
Its hard to deal with the fact that its going to take you the better part of a month or two to finish your project.
Its very addicting, just like scrolling smaller things. I usually start printing patterns and getting wood preped for Stack-Cutting before the Clock Im working on is complete. Its a great addiction!
The one thing that really stinks about this is the cost of the wood. I dont use any Plywood and I dont own a planer. Therefore Im buying all of my 1/4" Walnut online and it gets very expensive. The Oak is available now at H.D. and Lowes, so that helps out some.

Thanks again to all of you who have complimented my work.

I need to go get on that saw now!!

Gary

cloetpatrick

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 01:35:59 am »
 ;) Indeed, it is not too difficult to make such a clock, just a large dose of patience and a little experience in scribing.
I raised this issue at the beginning that I was in these forums, people are surprised by our knowledge, yet there is no secret ... Just try. 'm Amused me like crazy to make this kind of clock time, now I'm all others! ... With the mechanism of wood, it must also try Garyinnevada, I amuse myself even more! ... Here the subject; ;)

http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=612.msg3025#msg3025

SMF

Teknoromi