Author Topic: Work Bench Caddy  (Read 1518 times)

smitty0312

Work Bench Caddy
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:35:24 am »
Anybody have any ideas on keeping small stuff organized and at hands reach when needed on top of bench, I'm talking about pencils, needle files, blades, ect, ect, ect. Any help is well appreciated. Thankyou

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Work Bench Caddy
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:44:29 pm »
I might suggest something a simple as a chunk of 2x4 (or 2x6) about 8" long and drill some holes of an appropriate size for the items you need to store near by. If you use the plastic tubes for the blades of course you will need larger holes than you need for the pencil or files.
Don't over think something like this, it always gets bigger than you have room for and it makes your head hurt too.  ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:18:00 pm »
I have a couple of fishing rod holders attached to the side of my workbench and they hold things like pencils,files,brushes,knives,etc.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline bettyswood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:27:22 pm »
I just use a plastic tray about 2 inches wide by 12 inches long.  Works great.  For pencils and things that will stand up, I put a cup behind the tray..

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:42:30 pm »
Just have to reply to this....  I built the odds n ends that hold things and it just got like someone said big and in my way.  Just buy a PLASTIC holder type thing.  Mine is bout 12" by 10" with different size compartments and it holds EVERYTHING I need.  Still have room left.  Close the lid (Plastic) and shove it in a corner till next time use.
                               Just Love this Forum.... Thanks Steve....  Danny  :+)
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi