Author Topic: Guns  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Guns
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:38:35 pm »
Saw this and thought GB would appreciate it...
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

Re: Guns
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:07:33 pm »
Hi Keefie, I guess the wife will have to hide the SPOONS now. lol.
Rob Roy.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 05:36:29 pm »
Rob, if you use your scroll saw to cut the bottom out of the spoon, you won't get fat!!!
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 06:28:07 pm »
Same old flawed logic!

Frankly it is Bull Sh&%!

Guns do not kill people! Criminals who obtain guns illegally kill people!

Often quoted! - I will give up my guns when you pry them from my COLD, Dead hands!!!!!!!!!

Like it or not that is MY stand on guns!

I will defend myself with lethal force if I have to and if YOU are on the other end of the muzzle you damn well better be aware and understand the consequences.

~~~GrayBeard~~~

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:20:40 pm »
GrayBeard--
   I like the way you think.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:31:00 pm »
My oldest son says "Guns don't kill people.  Fathers of pretty girls kill people!"

Personally I love people who don't believe in guns.  It makes them easier to shoot (only in self defense of course)  ::)
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »
Thousands of years ago people sat around in caves debating if rocks killed people or if people with rocks killed people.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:35:46 am »
GB, I agree with you, if we were allowed to have them here I would get myself a gun too. Our stupid laws here mean we get charged with assault if we hit a burgler with a bit of 2x4 when he breaks into our houses and attacks us with a knife. If I could I'd shoot him then debate the rights and wrongs later.

rob roy

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 10:56:43 am »
Hi Keefie i'm right with you RE the guns. By the way if I cut a hole in the bottom of the spoon I,d be there for ever more trying to empty the bowl. Mind you I would be a bit thinner. lol.
Rob Roy.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:58:16 am »
Hi Keefie i'm right with you RE the guns. By the way if I cut a hole in the bottom of the spoon I,d be there for ever more trying to empty the bowl. Mind you I would be a bit thinner. lol.
Rob Roy.

RR you dumb old horse thief, you'd be trying to eat with it and end up wearing it all down the front of you, and starving to boot! LMFAO
Sorry Mate I just couldn't help myself you left yourself wide open.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 03:07:02 am »
Diver Bill
Those folks who don't believe in guns need a sign saying so in their yard. I'd even put one up in my yard saying
"Stupid over there (with an arrow pointing the way) doesn't believe in guns"!
I wonder how long it would be before he asked me to take it down?
Before or after he was robbed????
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 03:10:24 am »
I grew up the step son of a gunsmith. We always had at least 20 to 30 guns in the house. Not a single one of them there guns ever went crazy and killed anyone. Come to think of it...nor did anyone in the house. Guess them guns are not all that bad. If only people would get educated on gun safety. BTW...most them guns were not locked up, at age six I was taught not to touch them. Could stand at the gun cabinets and look all I wanted, but if I even lifted a finger to touch the cabinet I was in trouble. In return I got to go on the range and fire some pretty cool guns.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 10:50:08 am »
Right with you on the "Firearms Education"!

I once brought an unusual handgun home from work and laid it on the table in front of my 6 year old son.
I just left it there to see what he would do....he sat there looking at it for a while and I asked, "Why don't you pick it up and look at it?"

His answer, " Dad, I don't know how to open it to see if it is loaded so I won't touch it."

That is when I realized my "Firearms Education" program was a success!
And his younger sister and brother went through the same process....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 11:31:26 am »
Our oldest son is a gun enthusiast.  He and I have taken a couple of tactical handgun classes together and had a great time together.  He haw always taught gun safety to his kids and keeps his guns in a safe (handguns) and a locked cabinet (long guns).  His 9 year old is visiting me right now.  I took my Grandson to the local pistol range this weekend and was very impressed at how well he handled himself.  He respects the weapons and rules, knows how to clear and check a weapon, and only proceeds when given the ok.  He also shoots more accurately than many adults I know.  The local police practice at the same range, and a Captain gave him a stick on badge and complemented him on his behavior.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 02:45:30 pm »
GB, sounds like you got your education perfectly right with your son.

SMF

Teknoromi