Author Topic: iPad Case  (Read 4597 times)

northie66

Re: iPad Case
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 09:52:19 pm »
Ron Jr is a man that knows what he wants!

RonJr

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:38:43 pm »
You can't just put the magical iPad in any old case. . .lol

Becky

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43:14 pm »
Better to know what you want than be all wishy-washy I suppose.  Then dear ol' dad wouldn't know the specs!   ;)

BTW, I heard on the radio that the iPads coming out this fall would be able to multi-task.  I don't know more than that but it seems like a feature worth waiting for (along with supporting flash video if that will ever happen).  It makes not buying one "just yet" seem clever anyway.  That makes it a little easier to resist the temptation.

ChaplainRon

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 03:49:29 am »
I thought about getting one. I had the money and could buy my Dewalt 788 or an IPAD. Hands down I made the right decision.

RonJr

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 09:05:31 am »
Better to know what you want than be all wishy-washy I suppose.  Then dear ol' dad wouldn't know the specs!   ;)

BTW, I heard on the radio that the iPads coming out this fall would be able to multi-task.  I don't know more than that but it seems like a feature worth waiting for (along with supporting flash video if that will ever happen).  It makes not buying one "just yet" seem clever anyway.  That makes it a little easier to resist the temptation.

I jail broke mine to enable multitasking, and when the update comes out from apple I'll be able to install it too. As far as flash, it will never happen. I had the hacked flash plugin working on it yesterday(no video) and it was pretty ugly. Even on my droid interacting with flash is a horrible experience. It's confusing because flash is designed around a mouse interface which is inherently different from the touch interfaces. You click something in the flash object and nothing happens so yu click it a couple more times and then you realize that it worked the first time and was buffering and now yup stopped it and have to start buffeting all ocher again. It's just bad.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:25:19 am by RonJr »

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 09:21:56 am »
Huh???

ChaplainRon

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 11:01:37 am »
Let me translate GEEK SPEAK.

I jail broke mine Broke the software code to input his own functions.to enable multitasking,Doing more than one thing at a time. Like listen to music and run another program. and when the update comes out from appleThis is a software update to fix bugs and make the ipad even better. 8) I'll be able to install it too. As far as flash, it will never happen. Apple and the Flash program developers are fighting for control so Apple will never let it run on their hardware.I had the hacked flash plugin working on it yesterday(no video)This was an unauthorized update and change to the apple software and it did not work. and it was pretty ugly. It was really bad.Even on my droid His Cell phone operating on the Android operating system.interacting with flash Flash allows you to watch streaming video over a wireless network.is a horrible experience. It's confusing because flash is designed around a mouse interface which is inherently different from the touch interfaces. Mouse is the desktop computer way of scrolling 8-)) The touch interface is the touch screen used by the ipad.You click something in the flash object and nothing happens so yu click it a couple more times and then you realize that it worked the first time and was buffering and now yup stopped it and have to start buffeting all ocher again.buffering is what is happening when the computer is downloading enough of the file to play. When it is stopped and restarted it must download again from the start. It's just bad.You are better off to not jailbreak your ipad and install this stuff in the first place.

Son you must use regular words when speaking to people my age.... 8-))

Ron SR

RonJr

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 11:21:52 am »
I'm definitely better off jail-breaking because multitasking is only one bonus! I also have open-ssh so I can ssh in and get a shell on my ipad. This also gives me sftp so I don't have to use iTunes. . . but none of this matters without a sweet case to keep it all in. . .  ;)

RonJr

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 11:24:02 am »
I'm definitely better off jail-breaking because multitasking is only one bonus! I also have open-ssh so I can ssh in and get a shell on my ipad. This also gives me sftp so I don't have to use iTunes. . . but none of this matters without a sweet case to keep it all in. . .  ;)

Translation: Nuh Uh!. . .so you gonna make that case?? :D lol

Becky

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 09:20:30 pm »
LOL, Ron Sr., that translation was a hoot!  There's always a fallback career for you at the United Nations!   ;)

I'd go with the Dewalt too, faced with the same choice.   ;D

Dawie

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 03:41:35 am »
Ronjr, You have started quite a thread here, I enjoy reading it and am waiting to see if and when the first designs will come rolling in ;).
David

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 06:57:20 am »
Thanks for the translation.  My son has a computer science degree.  When he sees that "WHAT????" look on my face, he backs up and slows down so I can understand what he is telling me to do.  Hey, I was smart enough to get both of my kids through college.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 07:49:36 am »
I waiting to see if Ron Sr. breaks down and makes it fot him.(Jr)  ::)  ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

ChaplainRon

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 11:08:25 am »
I am waiting for Steve or someone to make a pattern that will work. Since I don't have an ipad it would be difficult to know where to cut out for the ports. I am holding out for a visit. He already told me he would not mail his ipad for me to use as I make it and hold hostage till he comes home to pick it up. So I will hold out for a visit so we could measure and make it together.

Grandpa's must do what is necessary to get our children to come for a visit and bring the grandkids.

Ron Sr

Dawie

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 01:06:42 pm »
Like your train of thought Ronsr. LOL.
David

SMF

Teknoromi