Author Topic: Mahendra....  (Read 2891 times)

ahumat

Re: Mahendra....
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 05:22:42 am »
bon r?tablissement

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 07:27:31 am »
Mahendra:
I hope you recover soon, take care of yourself, greetings.

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 01:21:57 pm »
Mahendra wishing you a quick recovery.  We all will miss you, hopefully you have a laptop computer that you can use in bed to keep up with everyone here who are thinking of you. 

rob roy

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 05:33:15 pm »
Mahendra.Prayers for a quick and successful recovery. Take care and do as you're told ;) ;). Best wishes from Scotland.
Rob Roy

Offline blue11811

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 09:49:51 pm »
Hi Mahendra,
Glad everything went OK and hope your recovery goes well also. Don't rush things. I am sure you will doing patterns in no time just to help you to relax. Again glad things went well. Take care and keep the faith.

John

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 02:57:45 am »
Thank you all once again for your prayers and good wishes , I am sure I will get well soon with proper rest. It feels great to know that so many people care , nice to have friends like you all.
Thanks
mahendra

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 09:49:05 am »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Follow doctors orders and take it easy.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 10:41:34 am »
Mahendra - sorry to hear of your ills, but happy to hear you're taking care of them. I'm in Kolkata until the 19th then Bangalore for a day. I'm getting a big kick out of the driving experience here (as a passenger -  I'd be a nervous wreck if I were at the wheel).
The taxis here are like Matchbox cars!
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 11:11:26 pm »
Thanks ,Ray. I am happy that your visa came through :) Yes ,we still have the matchbox cars, this Taxi in particular is the brand called Ambassador, as a kid I remember there were only two brand of cars this and Fiat. Our so called clean ministers still use them with customized bullet proof glass and what not, I really do not understand why? ;) I am not sure of Calcutta but had you been in Bombay we have more Rolls Royce's and Bentley's than the manufacturing countries ;D

Driving code - nil, respecting traffic lights and lane discipline  -no clue, one of the drivers of your TV show "ICE ROAD TRUCKERS" did not last one hour of driving out of Delhi let alone reaching our hilly terrain of the Himalayas . I am not putting my country down but facts are facts and cannot be denied.
I still love my country ,being out of the country for a very,very long time coming back was like a nightmare but like they say "when in Italy do as the Italians do". Still have verbal fights with the rude drivers- but getting used to it.
Bangalore used to be a quite city , not any more :)
Enjoy your stay in our Incredible India.
I think I overshot the reply.
Thanks once again Ray for your good wishes.
mahendra

mahendra

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 11:42:51 pm »
No overshoot - I'm happy to hear your excitement about returning home.

There is obvious great poverty here, but I was impressed by the effort I see people making to stay with it. There are boys and men on big flatbed tricycles, the bed filled with a dozen big bags of sand. One bag would be hard to lift. This boy is pedaling where he can, then getting off and pushing his trike through the potholes to get his load of sand to its destination. This morning there was a team of skinny women hand-laying asphalt on a section of road, using wheel barrows and shovels.

Life is hard here, but these people must be harder.   
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi