Author Topic: Thank you Russ and Steve.  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Thank you Russ and Steve.
« on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:33 am »
I know some people have had problems logging in recently, but in general the site is kept running free from trouble 99.9% of the time. This is due in no small part to the efforts of Russ and Steve.  This is all done in their own time and after doing a days work in their respective jobs.  I would just like to say THANK YOU to Russ and Steve for all the time and effort they spend making this such a great site for us all to use.   Thank You Russ, Thank you Steve.

Keefie.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you Russ and Steve.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 06:58:20 am »
Well put Keith. I'll second that.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 08:39:52 am »
I'll third that as this has become one of my best go to sites.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 08:57:47 am »
Ditto
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 12:12:47 pm »
You are all very welcome and you are right, we are free from trouble 99.9% of the time. Heck in the last banning/logging in episode I was even banned. LOL :)  When problems occur I know it can be frustrating. I think some times members forget, Steve Good has a full time job and lately has been working 60-70 hrs a week. This does not leave him with a lot of family time or fixing forum problems time.

If he took the time to answer the bombardment of e-mails and messages it would actually take time away from fixing the problem. So we just have to be patient, stay calm and take a deep breath. No news is good news so to speak. I make sure he is aware and it will be fixed as soon as possible. Sarcastic posts/comments do not help at all.

I would also like to say that Charles and I also have a life outside this forum and do not live on our computers. We will respond to all the e-mails and messages we receive just as soon as we can when there is any problems. But don't be expecting any one hour service.

I myself usually check the forum every morning and then again in the afternoon. Sometimes even more if time allows. So it may take me 4-5-6 hours to respond. It would all depend on when the e-mail or message was sent.

Thanks Russ  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 12:53:58 am »
Ditto Keith and a Thank You to Charles also.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 08:42:46 am »
Steve is amazing - full time work, making videos, maintaining the web site.  And he's still married.   :)

He does deserve our thanks as do Russ and Charles for their work in keeping web site up and running.  I know it's frustrating when you can't get on to read the latest posts.  If that happens, I try to remind myself the posts will still be there when the problem is resolved.

Thanks to Steve, Russ, and Charles.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline GrampaJim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 10:04:54 am »
ditto here too. 
This site and Steve's patterns are THE main reason I am pursuing this great hobby.  Great info, great patterns, - great people!  This site is MUCH appreciated!

Thank you Russ and Steve. 

Jim

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 02:00:52 pm »
YUP!!!!! I think it's all been said. Thanks guys.  Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Keith Sharples

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 12:07:03 pm »
I guess all the "Thank You's" have been said, and I would like to thank Steve & the Admin' team for maintaining this AMAZING forum site.  I'm a Newbie to Scrolling and find the hints, tips, & other info' here SO helpful.

Thanks again everyone!

Keith (Norfolk, England)

pddesertrat

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 12:55:51 pm »
Thanks for your work, and ignore the complainers.  Where can else can you meet such nice people, that are willing to share their knowledge than on a forum like this.  ALL FOR FREE.  I do not subscribe to any magazines, because when I have a question I like an answer more quickly so I come here.  I try to donate what I would pay for a magazine subscription to the forum.  It's not a lot but it is something.

SMF

Teknoromi