Author Topic: Another Texan  (Read 1421 times)

WeeZZeR

Another Texan
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:37:43 pm »
Hello Y'all, I wanted to take the the time to introduce myself to everyone and express my gratitude to Steve and whoever else responsible for such a wonderful site and blog.

My name is Chris reside in the  Dallas, Texas area. I am widowed, semi retired, single father of a 10 year old daughter. I recently pulled out my old Ryobi scroll saw and jumped online to research for some parts I needed for it. I was missing the upper clamp. I am also repainting the interior of the entire house this month and needed the saw to cut something small. Long story short.... :)I was fortunate to have  ran across this site, and was soon watching many of  Steve's video's and downloading his pattern for light switch covers. In just a short week or so I've managed to create new light switch plates for each room, even created new patterns in Gimp for double and triple plates I needed. My daughter is a cat lover and asked if she could have a cat light switch, so I couldn't refuse. ;D Just last night finished house numbers for front of the house, from Steve?s patterns. I plan to try my hand at some more difficult patterns very soon. 

I believe I've found a new hobby to keep us busy. When the budget allows it, I' m already wanting to upgrade saws.

I again want to express my gratitude to Steve, I know first hand how much time is needed to keep such a professional site going. Your efforts have not only assisted me to date but I suspect well into the future. 

Thanks Again,

marmoh

Re: Another Texan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:08:20 pm »
Chris, welcome from Mississippi ... you look like my cousin !!!!!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:07:06 pm »
Well Chris, looks like your off to a great start! I'm Dan, Welcome from Southern California. Come on in and join the fun!
Dan In Southern California

SheGold

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:44:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum Chris.. Glad your here... Sheila in Tx

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:47:52 pm »
welcome aboard, i'm Todd from Newfoundland Canada

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 08:22:04 pm »
Welcome Chris.  I'm Julie from Thrall, Texas.  I used to live in Royse City.  You are very close to one of the best dealers in the excalibur line of saws.  Ray Seymore is out in Rockwall.  Glad you found us.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:51 pm »
Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

bluesuede

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 09:51:35 pm »
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. I have a feeling that you will be busy, be sure and show us some of your projects...

Bruce ;D

CNLNC

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 01:14:49 am »
Hey Chris, welcome, great people here, i'm sure you will enjoy yourself as well as your new hobby.

Chachi

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 09:37:56 am »
Howdy Chris Glad to see you found us, DFW area has a scroll saw club if you so choose to be in one you can look it up on the net for more info on it. I am as the name says Chachi I'm from the Abilene Area of Texas It's great to see all these Texans join But alas no one round me oh well I keep holding out lol have afun and be sure to check out steves Blog at http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/    he has tons of free pattern downloads and you can join the mailing list to get the new patterns as Steve sends them out.

Enjoy the Addic..............Hobby yeah that's it Hobby

cameronj

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 11:47:33 am »
Welcome Chris,
I'm Jim from London, Ontario.  You've joined a great bunch of people.  Don't be afraid to ask questions....everyone is ready to help.  We have all asked questions of the others at some point or other.
Hope you can repair your saw, and make some sawdust.

yankeebum2

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 08:06:28 pm »
Welcome Chris. I'm Steve from PA. Sounds like you made some cool stuff already. This hobby can be addicting, kinda new myself. Only got a year into this hobby and like you and many others here, this forum and Steve have helped tremendously.
Steve

SMF

Teknoromi