Author Topic: posting pictures  (Read 1993 times)

Offline trackman

• Always a good day to fish
    • View Profile
posting pictures
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:38:25 pm »
I watched Steve's video on uploading pictures to the forum.  But I can't find his other video telling how to upload a file bigger than 124 kb.  Were is the video or how do I do it?   Thanks

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 04:25:48 pm »
Maximum attachment size allowed for posting is 128 KB, per post: 4  8)

The current size limitation for posting in the gallery is  640 x 640, and as far as I know there is no video. It is pretty easy though. Open the gallery and click on the tab at the top right that reads my images to add.  8)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:27:31 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline trackman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:57:42 am »
Thanks Russ, but I was wanting to be able to post a picture with a message.  Steve said you have to upload your picture to a web site an than download to this site somehow because of the size limit.  I see the galley you was taking about.  I want to give the person that made the pattern for me a pat on the back an show how it turned out.  Thanks

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:23:17 am »
Steve said you have to upload your picture to a web site an than download to this site somehow because of the size limit.

How that works is you open an account on one of the photo hosting sites like Picasa, Photo Bucket. They really don't restrict the size. Then when you make a post you use there link to the photo,  for your photo to appear in your post.  8)

You don't upload the picture from the photo service, you just use the link they provide to show a larger photo. 8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:47:23 am by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

J,Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 08:38:16 am »
I believe that you are to link them to Picasa and then post the link on the forum if you want to show larger file sizes.

Offline trackman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 01:03:28 pm »
I have my pictures on the Picasa web site.  But I can't figure out how to "link to the photos" to get the picture here on this forum.  Can you help me just a bit more?  LOL  Thanks

J,Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 01:52:53 pm »
When on picasa. In the address bar, highlight it and then right click over this and select "copy". Then come back to your post, right click and select "paste" in the message area. Finish your message then preview your message before you post. I know there was a video, but I cannot find it.

Offline trackman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:02 pm »
I know Steve in one of his videos said he would make another video showing how to go through Picasa but I can't find it either.  I tryed finding the address bar in the Picasa program you told me about but dumb me I can't find it.  Just about to give up lol.

J,Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 02:40:37 am »
It is in the bar on the top of the screen that begins with http://. If this doesn't help, let me know what you are using for a browser for viewing the net. ( Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) That may help sort some of the mess if you are still stuck.

Offline trackman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:09:15 pm »
Thanks Hamilton!  Sometimes the mind doesn't work to good.  What I was doing was trying to find the address bar on the Picasa web page.  Picasa page was covering up my address bar for AOL and as soon as I draged the page down I could see it (address bar).   Thanks again and for putting up with my old man brain.

J,Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 06:49:21 am »
Glad to be of help.

SMF

Teknoromi