Author Topic: What are the top picks to replace Internet Exploder.  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: What are the top picks to replace Internet Exploder.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 01:20:53 am »
Thanks Bill, I'm coming to that conclusion if IE7 will work without crashing after the tech gets it working, I'll let the sleeping dog lie.

GB I wasn't "going off" on my friends but making an observation. This isn't the only time I've seen this happen, and have even been guilty of it myself, so don't take it as a personal attack.
It is a reminder to take the time to read before responding for all of us myself included.

I personally attempt to give the best response to a question that I can, which has led to some lengthy explanations at times, because I would rather not leave the questioner only partially informed.
We never know what their base of experience includes unless they tell us up front. So I may respond as if they are total new comers and completely ignorant.
In my case, I can use a PC but have no idea how to heal one. Or what is best for it.
The information available from the Internet, is quite often full of acronyms that those of us not trained in computerese have no idea of their meaning. So Dummies like me have to ask those with the expertise and knowledge what to do.
Thank you all,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 03:03:45 am »
IE9 may be the better choice right now. IE 10 still has some bugs that conflict with different softwares that are running at the same time. I got this from the tech office at work. As for IE having to be on the drive due to sys requirements???? I'll try to find out for sure.

JH
Have you had any results?
Thanks
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

J,Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 06:35:34 am »
Can't get anything out of them yet. Our server and intra website went down a few days ago. These guys are testy at this point. I should hear from the section chief sometime today for the answer.

J,Hamilton

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 07:28:53 am »
Gabby,

You do not have to have IE in your drive to run another browser. All browsers work in the same manner by looking for the same types of data. This has been my suspision. My recommendation would be to have a good anti-virus software that is up to date before you would switch over to another browser completely. The reason is because IE has a large enough dedicated team to work out new bugs as they are encountered. So there is a degree of safety. The updates are a pain with an older version. XP may not be servicable, but IE still is in all prior states back to Version seven.

But the answer is you don't need to have IE for a system requirement. Hope this helps your decision.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 02:26:04 am »
Thank you JH I'll run this by my tech when he gets back Monday.
I'm about to get my shotgun out and blast away at it like Cyberghost was recommending. LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

J,Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »
Sometimes that is the only thing that can be done. See if someone can launch it for you to give an added challenge.

ChuckD

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 10:56:32 pm »
READY<<<<< PULL.  Did you get it?  :)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 12:22:20 am »
READY<<<<< PULL.  Did you get it?  :)

Hey you called PULL no fair, I'm supposed to holler when I'm ready. Didn't even have it out of the case and loaded yet! LOL
We may give that a try later if things don't improve. Darn thing wouldn't even make a decent boat anchor!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

J,Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 12:28:32 am »
Maybe you need a smaller boat. This one may work.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 12:37:43 am »
 ;D ;D ;D
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 10:19:13 am »
 ;D ;D ;D
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 05:40:46 am »
Well this old compuker is working ---------- sort of.
Lost all of my software that worked with it BC Before Crash.
It took a full 2 days to finally get Adobe Flash player to load properly.
Now I've been trying to download my favorite photo editing software from
Paint.NET. It tells me I have to upgrade XP to service pack 3, last time I did that it crashed my PC a couple of years ago, so I'm afraid that would happen again. I'm getting gun shy with this machine.
It's old 32 bit OS isn't keeping up with all the bells and whistles Microsoft and the rest of them are putting in the newer systems. I sure wish they would learn that if it isn't broke don't fix it! They do a lot of this sort of thing just to sell software I think.
I'm lucky to have the laptop to fall back on, but for me it isn't as handy to work with as the PC has been for me until now. I don't find Windows 7 to be a great improvement over XP and they made so many changes it's hard for an old duffer like me to find my way around in it. ARGH!
My snivel for now.
Oh yes we had to put IE-7 back in it!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:53 pm »
I never liked IE due to the constant error messages and problems so I now use Firefox version 6 or Chrome. My computer works the way it should and I will never use IE again.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

SMF

Teknoromi