Author Topic: google crome  (Read 1254 times)

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
google crome
« on: August 05, 2011, 02:31:22 pm »
 Has anyone tried Google Crome, if so is it any good, what are the pros and cons of it. Just curious.  Edward

Chachi

Re: google crome
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:05:54 pm »
I did ONCE only ONCE though I can't speak for anyone else but in my case I didn't like it at all it change many of my settings hijacked my home page and then when I got rid of it Alot of the programs that it worked with now do not open at all... Just my Honest Opion but Google Chrome STINKS (being nice family forum and all)

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 05:51:21 pm »
Different strokes for different folks I guess.  I run it on 4 different pc's and have for quite awhile.  Chrome is my favorite, firefox next, internet exploder only if you enjoy bulk and being the subject of constant attempts to give you problems from the hacking community.  Like anything, chrome takes a little adjusting to, but it is my favorite.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 01:11:00 am »
There is an 'open source' version of Google's Chrome distributed by S R Ware called simply "IRON".

It takes the Chrome browser and cuts out all the bloat andextraneous crap and works very well.

IRON is my browser of choice although I am currently playing with Opera and I like it more and more as I get to know it!

Chrome of itself is far superior to IE and is in my opinion easier and more feature filled than Firefox.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 07:32:44 am »
I just switched to Chrome and so far really like it.

My wife plays Wordscrapper of Facebook with her sister and IE was really slow and we had lots of problems.  Chrome is like lightning and all the programming issues went away. 

I still can't get the show unread posts to work on this site with Chrome or IE.  I works sometimes if I first go to an email an follow the links.  I am still working on it.

Chrome has a few quirks in how you set up bookmarks etc and changing the gallery but I can will get used to it.

Don

tux_linux

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 01:55:16 pm »
A lot of developers are using chrome. It's light, fast and really neat.

I use it since - well, is it 2 or 3 years now? right from the beginning. It's working fine and really stable.

SMF

Teknoromi